Hammered

They didn’t get anywhere near their season averages on anything tonight. Inside game non-existent and the outside game ghosted itself as well. Surprised we got within 6 at one point. Just need to learn and move forward. Lot of games still to be played.

They didn’t get anywhere near their season averages on anything tonight. Inside game non-existent and the outside game ghosted itself as well. Surprised we got within 6 at one point. Just need to learn and move forward. Lot of games still to be played.
Thanks for the quick recap, but agreed still a lot of ball left, only 2 losses this team has the talent to be final 4 contenders just gotta see what went wrong, and how to fix it.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Thanks for the quick recap, but agreed still a lot of ball left, only 2 losses this team has the talent to be final 4 contenders just gotta see what went wrong, and how to fix it.

Given the schedule, I suspect we have at least 2 more losses coming.

Reactions: Volle and 08Vol
Vols shot 40%. UK 55% (not normal). Turnovers about even. 3's - UT 28% UK 39% (big). UK killed us on the boards. 39 rebounds vs 26 for the Vols.

Kentucky outhustled us. We shot horribly. Our defensive rebounding problem manifested. Yes, we just got humbled. Gotta give them credit.

Love our guys. But, it's time to go back to work and get better. These young teams will get better just by nature. We need to be ready to return the favor in 2 wks.

Our guys were tight and shot poorly.

That said, I am so sick of the RUPPerees and that UK/Dook whistle in college basketball. Barnes should complain to the SEC office after that sham we saw in the first half.

Our guys were tight and shot poorly.

That said, I am so sick of the RUPPerees and that UK/Dook whistle in college basketball. Barnes should complain to the SEC office after that sham we saw in the first half.

There should have been an intentional foul called on Reid Travis for purposely shoving Alexander to the floor after a jump ball.

The referees didn’t even attempt to look at the monitor.

I’d rather take my chances playing at Duke than I ever would again at Rupp.

Umm, maybe this time. I got this feeling, KY is going to face a very different Vol team in K Town.

I expect TBA to be very, very hostile to those bumpkins. Barnes will break down this film and they will chop it up. The ref's will not be allowed to give Kentucky the advantage by letting them push us out of position.

The UK whistle will be less pronounced in TBA, but the team with a fat, bearded, blue sateen jacket wearing fan base ALWAYS gets the calls.

Yes UK fans, that’s you. 1985 called, they want their ugly @$$ jackets back. Drop 75 lbs, shave that ridiculous beard, and join the modern age.

We did not look like #1 tonite.
Kentucky did pretty much did what they wanted to tonite. We have a better team than what we showed. Just 1 game, reset and go forward

I expect more losses....and I would not expect them to win the SEC tourney either...first tought opponent they played since start of SEC play....never tied...never led...game never in doubt from Kentucky stand point....got blew out beginning of 2nd half....can't play sluggish and then just turn it on when you play good teams of the SEC

Turner or Bowden or Schofield gets hot and it’s a dead even game. They didn’t.
I disagree except for Schofield(Maybe). Didn’t need to get hot, just get to their average.

Our shots we not falling and their’s were. It’s hard to win when that happens.

It is what it is. We looked scared during the whole first half. Really felt Barnes should have used a timeout during that stretch where no whistles were called. We settled way to often. Bone looked frustrated and rightfully so. The whistles sucked but who didn't expect that? We are much better than Kentucky. This was the softest Tennessee has played all season. This loss could be a huge blessing. We really need to work on defense

We did not look like #1 tonite.
Kentucky did pretty much did what they wanted to tonite. We have a better team than what we showed. Just 1 game, reset and go forward

Refs were surprisingly fair!
Our usual shots, weren't falling tonight. We got open but the shots rimmed out.
Ky had All-American high school players but we has 3* high school players, so we weren't able to get all of the loose rebounds.
We played at Rupp & they were motivated to beat # 1.
We will beat them at TBA in March. Ky will win SEC tourney.
We will go far IF we get a good bracket in NCAA. We can't be in bracket with UNC, Gonzaga, Villanova, Duke & UConn and expect to win our bracket

Reactions: Volle
It is what it is. We looked scared during the whole first half. Really felt Barnes should have used a timeout during that stretch where no whistles were called. We settled way to often. Bone looked frustrated and rightfully so. The whistles sucked but who didn't expect that? We are much better than Kentucky. This was the softest Tennessee has played all season. This loss could be a huge blessing. We really need to work on defense

This loss shows the real UT. Out worked, out hustled, and out of position. We couldn’t get anyone open under the basket and I’m not sure our guys know they can jump for rebounds. The fire that was there late in 2018 is gone. I expect the next meeting to look similar along with a loss to LSU and Auburn

Reactions: jeff1vol

VN Store

Back