Not the end of the world

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
Tough loss, and it’ll suck to hear UK fans talk crap, but it’s not that big of a deal at the end of the day. We still control our destiny for the SEC crown and for a 1 seed. Every one of our goals is still very much on the table. Now we know exactly what we have to improve in order to win games against elite teams in the later rounds of the tournament. Let em have their fun, they were the better team today, but I guarantee this won’t happen again in TBA in 2 weeks. Go Vols

Tough loss, and it’ll suck to hear UK fans talk crap, but it’s not that big of a deal at the end of the day. We still control our destiny for the SEC crown and for a 1 seed. Every one of our goals is still very much on the table. Now we know exactly what we have to improve in order to win games against elite teams in the later rounds of the tournament. Let em have their fun, they were the better team today, but I guarantee this won’t happen again in TBA in 2 weeks. Go Vols
I thought it was a little but on the low class side for KY to not pull the ball back out with 30 seconds left. Hope Coach Cal has a word with the team about the last goal. I know they were open but the game was out of reach so show some class.....

I thought it was a little but on the low class side for KY to not pull the ball back out with 30 seconds left. Hope Coach Cal has a word with the team about the last goal. I know they were open but the game was out of reach so show some class.....

Par for the course. Unfortunately we helped put them in the position to do that.

Agree with everything except the guarantee. I could see us getting waxed again at home. But we've become a very good BB team. Just not elite yet. Still, we have been fun to watch this year. Not losing sleep over this loss.

It was. Grant called off the pressure and were going to let them dribble it out then they do that. Oh well.

Play defense?

Reactions: LittleCat

Play defense. The shot clock was less than the game time left.

Noted, but I'm not that sure.

We better get it together before going to LSU next week. Just my opinion but LSU is better than KY ( well they did beat them at Rupp too). We'll have to play as well as we did vs. Gonzaga to win in Baton Rouge

Seemed to be some confusion as Grant was calling off the fouls and the team slowed down. At that point I would hope the other team would ride out the few seconds left.

Reactions: kylealexanderfan
Seemed to be some confusion as Grant was calling off the fouls and the team slowed down. At that point I would hope the other team would ride out the few seconds left.
Exactly - it wasn’t that the just were being lazy or refusing to play defense/being soft as the dumbass Kentucky fan put it.

Grant called off the fouls so the game wouldn’t extend another 10 minute unnecessarily. Should’ve put an elbow in someone’s kidney for that - would’ve been nice pay back for Washington throwing his shoulder into Grant’s face also.

VN Store

Back