Time to Move Forward

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
This isn’t the same team that was on the 19 game winning streak.

Williams couldn’t get going, Turner wasn’t hitting shots, Alexander pretty much had no chance to begin with, just awful basketball play.

Aside from the obvious one sided officiating, I thought we shown flashes of life down the stretch then we lost momentum by commiting silly turnovers.

Our guys need to look back on this loss heading into the rest of the SEC schedule because it doesn’t get any easier.

LSU I believe is better than Kentucky and they definitely have talent.

We’ll need to be mentally prepared moving forward. Barnes will figure it out.

The level of physicality was intense... I have not seen this by an opponent this year. So, if the refs are going to permit it, then the Vols need to participate in it. They did not tonight... but I look forward to the game in K-town.

The level of physicality was intense... I have not seen this by an opponent this year. So, if the refs are going to permit it, then the Vols need to participate in it. They did not tonight... but I look forward to the game in K-town.
We routinely get pushed around w no calls. Tonight was physical domination w no calls. Needed to hit some shots to offset that but we were ice cold

Reactions: OneVolNation
Game in Ktown will be a whistle fest. You heard it here first.

I was most annoyed by the lazy passes....unreal....no attempt to make a good pass, just lazily try to throw the ball around/through the opponent

Let’s move forward to Vandy. Will be a good game to regroup before going to LSU - which may determine the SEC Champion.

Yep, I think ‘must win’ gets thrown around too much, but this game 100% qualifies. Biggest game of the season IMO

If we play well and lose a close one, I probably can stomach it even though it will mean no SEC Championship (probably). But if we go down and lay another egg then I'm afraid the season isn't going to end nearly as well as we had hoped.

It's all still there for UT, but let's hope we learned something from this loss. We must be able to rebound better. We haven't for a few games. We also must have more of a physical presence in games where we are playing better teams. We did not back down to either KU in the loss or Gonzaga in that win. Last night we got out muscled. That cannot happen again.

Don’t have a choice.

IMO LSU is a must win for many reasons.

Three game stretch of @lsu , @Ole Miss (ultimate trap game), home against UK determine the SEC championship, win all 3 and we are likely outright champs, lose more than one and it’ll be 3 seed in Nashville

VN Store

Back