This is tough....

Yep, here we go. Everyone's gonna smell the blood in the water now, so they'll all turn and start throwing shade on Tennessee. What was the narrative? Blah blah seniors, blah blah Final Four contender, national championship contender, blah blah work together as a team -- NOPE! None of that now. Now they're gonna try to tear Tennessee down, diss the team, and mock anyone who claims otherwise. All these people spend four throaty weeks talking about Tennessee being a national championship contender and all of a sudden, one loss and it's "oh Tennessee's not that good, screw them, they don't have any history or tradition. They're good but they not winners like Kentucky or Duke." Yeah. I fervently want Tennessee to win it all for the sake of the team and its players, but I also want them to win it all so they can cram this sort of crap right back down everyone's throats.

He names Louisville as one of UKs top wins while claiming we've played no one. Uhhh hello, we beat Louisville as well moron.
But that's ok, now they can put their precious Duke back at #1. We held it for a month. I'm good with that.
In fairness, he said we played no one during our 19 game winning streak (running through the NIT). He is correct in that we did not beat any top 25 teams in that stretch. We beat Louisville prior to Gonzaga.

Reactions: Steven5198
He names Louisville as one of UKs top wins while claiming we've played no one. Uhhh hello, we beat Louisville as well moron.
But that's ok, now they can put their precious Duke back at #1. We held it for a month. I'm good with that.
We also did not get beat by Seton Hall or Syracuse in the last 2 months either though.

Tennessee deserves every bit of criticism for last night's performance, they were manhandled. That being said Forde is a dick and the rest of the national media can kiss my a$$. They couldn't stand that UT was 1 while the couldn't find a reason to jump Duke. Well they got their wish, the POS coach K is back on top. If Kansas was floating Zion 200K how much did Duke float him?

Tennessee deserves every bit of criticism for last night's performance, they were manhandled. That being said Forde is a dick and the rest of the national media can kiss my a$$. They couldn't stand that UT was 1 while the couldn't find a reason to jump Duke. Well they got their wish, the POS coach K is back on top. If Kansas was floating Zion 200K how much did Duke float him?

POS Coach K? how much did Dook float him? lots of anger from behind a keyboard....now explain/prove your accusations. please

Reactions: Mtnvol80
POS Coach K? how much did Dook float him? lots of anger from behind a keyboard....now explain/prove your accusations. please
You think coach K is squeaky clean? Let's see, it was caught on wire tap from a Kansas assistant stating Zion and his father wanted a Job, Housing and cash. So my question remains, how much did Duke outbid Kansas by?

Look folks ..KY played better were more physical inside ... sure the game was physical and the number of fouls against us was lopsided ... and I will admit they way bodies were flying around and then they call a couple nit picky fouls on Turner .. hard to explain that .. but anyway ..KY shot 54 percect - beat us bad on boards ..let the Hero kid stand in the lane and get straight rebounds with Fulkerson and Schofield there and they didnt even get off the ground .. effort for rebounds was difference ..and Alexander is soft in these games ... he gets pushed around and was a non factor against their bigs ... Grant looked very tired even in 1st half wasnt working to get ball down low like normal ..I still think something up with him ..maybe been sick or ?? but for him to only get 4 shots they didnt good job of defending him ..and the real BIG reason we lost is settling for 3's ..... Schofield, Bowden and Turner combine for 1 for 15 from 3 point line .. thats it all in a nutshell .. hopefully game is officiated more closely here ..cause KY has alot more size than we do with TRavis , Washington and Richards inside ... out 6'5 and 6'6 guys just couldnt play that physical with them .. .and our bigs Alexander , Fulkerson and Walker are soft inside ... especially Fulkerson ..he was lost and did nothing ... as well as Alexander ... Ky is avery good defensive team ..they got hands on alot of passes .. Ky had more rebounds , more offensive rebounds , more assists , more steals , 6 blocks to our 1 ... we actually won the turnover battle 11- 9 ... but thye shot 55 percent and we shot 41 percent ... we shot 25 = 3 pointers and they shot 13 and they made alsmost as many as we did ... fact is officials didnt loose this game .. Barnes I bet never mentioned officials in post game ... so quit whinning and get better ... KY played better ... and get this they were favored to win this game .............. facts

Truthfully if we beat UK at TBA in a similar manner they beat us tonight, I can guarantee you there would be no article saying “UK was exposed” lol. It’s one game. Give me a ****ing break. UT would beat UK 7/10 times.

7/10?!?! Come on! Crazy fan type talk there. Tennessee could win their fair share, but against ANY team built like Kentucky (Athletic and long that ALSO plays with that type of effort.) Tennessee HAS to play with great effort and/or shoot lights out to keep up with teams like that. Think about how Tennessee has faired against teams like that since this team was put together three years ago. Alabama didn't even play that great, but they're built like that and Tennessee held on to a close win. Kansas? Loss. Don't say Gonzaga either. They're not the same type of athleticism and are more of a "finesse" type team. AND Tennessee played with extraordinary effort in that game while Schofield shot out of his mind.

Next test will be LSU. They're long and athletic. If Tennessee doesn't play with great effort and shoot well it will be a long game. Tennessee even got run out of their own building by 20 points against them last year when LSU wasn't nearly as good.

Last edited:
I think it all comes down to the glass. Until we figure out how to dominate the boards, the guy who started the 24-7 thread is going to be right. Even against the bad teams during the winning streak, we couldn't out rebound anybody.

Not popular, but I agree with Pat Forde right now (and have since the Vandy game - that was a no excuse real eye opener). Only way to change that is to go at least 5-1 down the stretch.

Seriously, how much is it? Notice how all that has gotten swept under the rug? It’s because EVERYONE is doing it! Even non-Power 5 schools were mentioned.

Reactions: 99grad
We're gonna lose a couple more. No one goes undefeated. I am more upset about how badly we played than getting beat. This ky team is not the team that played Duke early. This may very well be the best team in the country. I just hope we rebound to beat LSU. Everybody needs to chill and expect another loss or two (hopefully that's all)

Seriously, how much is it? Notice how all that has gotten swept under the rug? It’s because EVERYONE is doing it! Even non-Power 5 schools were mentioned.
Coach K and Roy made it go away, the NCAA would hate to admit their blue bloods are the center of the issue but schools like Mizzou get thrown on the sword.

Reactions: 99grad
We're gonna lose a couple more. No one goes undefeated. I am more upset about how badly we played than getting beat. This ky team is not the team that played Duke early. This may very well be the best team in the country. I just hope we rebound to beat LSU. Everybody needs to chill and expect another loss or two (hopefully that's all)
I don't think anyone is upset about getting beat, that happens to everyone but I'm pissed cause Tennessee pussed out and didn't show up.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Yeah...probably not.

Basketball is really about matchups. Teams like UK and LSU are quite simply rotten matchups for this UT team. Given our penchant for giving up record shooting nights from beyond the arc, I'd also keep a wary eye on Ole Miss and Aub as well. In short, any team left on our schedule is fully capable of beating UT given the way they're playing lately. The air of invincibility is long gone now. Some teams will get a little down and slip up a few more times before righting the ship. Others will snap back to reality and regain that edge. No idea what this team will do or how quickly they can turn things back around. Gonna find out soon enough tho.

What the hell is Louisville doing?

Exactly. Pat Forde exposes himself as imposter with ignorant article. Tennessee's the best so rated anything less than that is underrated. Deal with your bias if you must but it doesn't change the fact.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Basketball is really about matchups. Teams like UK and LSU are quite simply rotten matchups for this UT team. Given our penchant for giving up record shooting nights from beyond the arc, I'd also keep a wary eye on Ole Miss and Aub as well. In short, any team left on our schedule is fully capable of beating UT given the way they're playing lately. The air of invincibility is long gone now. Some teams will get a little down and slip up a few more times before righting the ship. Others will snap back to reality and regain that edge. No idea what this team will do or how quickly they can turn things back around. Gonna find out soon enough tho.
It was frustrating to watch our guys not move the ball well on offense which led to poor shot selection. Kentucky, moves well on offense and got what they wanted. I still say we are a lock for the second weekend of the tournament. Once you get there it really is about matchups unless you are considerably more talented than the team you are playing. Sometimes upsets cause that happen which is why the Cinderellas usually go down in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Based on what I’ve seen I’d say LSU probably gets us and then we start righting the ship. I say after that we win out with the exception of Auburn. I have a feeling they will be raining 3s and we won’t be able to overcome them hitting 15+ 3s. They love to shoot them and we love to give them up. That all adds up to a 2 seed. At this point to get a 1 seed we can afford only 1 more loss regardless of where it comes. 2 or more losses and we will not be a 1 seed.

Reactions: cardvolfan
7/10?!?! Come on! Crazy fan type talk there. Tennessee could win their fair share, but against ANY team built like Kentucky (Athletic and long that ALSO plays with that type of effort.) Tennessee HAS to play with great effort and/or shoot lights out to keep up with teams like that. Think about how Tennessee has faired against teams like that since this team was put together three years ago. Alabama didn't even play that great, but they're built like that and Tennessee held on to a close win. Kansas? Loss. Don't say Gonzaga either. They're not the same type of athleticism and are more of a "finesse" type team. AND Tennessee played with extraordinary effort in that game while Schofield shot out of his mind.

Next test will be LSU. They're long and athletic. If Tennessee doesn't play with great effort and shoot well it will be a long game. Tennessee even got run out of their own building by 20 points against them last year when LSU wasn't nearly as good.
Run out of own gym by LSU? We won 84-61 in Knoxville last season. Maybe you meant the season before.

VN Store

Back