Who were the refs from last nights game?

Pre game it was said they were a veteran crew who had been to multiple final fours. It’s a shame they decided to swallow their whistle on the night the KY strategy was to knife us in the back the first half. Neither team got to the bonus, and KY was only called for 2 fouls. 2. That said, as poorly as we shot it, it wouldn’t have mattered. We will get revenge in Knoxvegas....

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Look folks ..KY played better were more physical inside ... sure the game was physical and the number of fouls against us was lopsided ... and I will admit they way bodies were flying around and then they call a couple nit picky fouls on Turner .. hard to explain that .. but anyway ..KY shot 54 percect - beat us bad on boards ..let the Hero kid stand in the lane and get straight rebounds with Fulkerson and Schofield there and they didnt even get off the ground .. effort for rebounds was difference ..and Alexander is soft in these games ... he gets pushed around and was a non factor against their bigs ... Grant looked very tired even in 1st half wasnt working to get ball down low like normal ..I still think something up with him ..maybe been sick or ?? but for him to only get 4 shots they didnt good job of defending him ..and the real BIG reason we lost is settling for 3's ..... Schofield, Bowden and Turner combine for 1 for 15 from 3 point line .. thats it all in a nutshell .. hopefully game is officiated more closely here ..cause KY has alot more size than we do with TRavis , Washington and Richards inside ... out 6'5 and 6'6 guys just couldnt play that physical with them .. .and our bigs Alexander , Fulkerson and Walker are soft inside ... especially Fulkerson ..he was lost and did nothing ... as well as Alexander ... Ky is avery good defensive team ..they got hands on alot of passes .. Ky had more rebounds , more offensive rebounds , more assists , more steals , 6 blocks to our 1 ... we actually won the turnover battle 11- 9 ... but thye shot 55 percent and we shot 41 percent ... we shot 25 = 3 pointers and they shot 13 and they made alsmost as many as we did ... fact is officials didnt loose this game .. Barnes I bet never mentioned officials in post game ... so quit whinning and get better ... KY played better ... and get this they were favored to win this game .............. facts

Pre game it was said they were a veteran crew who had been to multiple final fours. It’s a shame they decided to swallow their whistle on the night the KY strategy was to knife us in the back the first half. Neither team got to the bonus, and KY was only called for 2 fouls. 2. That said, as poorly as we shot it, it wouldn’t have mattered. We will get revenge in Knoxvegas....
It was one sided all night long. Typical Corrupt Arena officiating. You knew that would happen after the LSU game. The most amazing stat I heard was that KY wasn't called for a personal foul on defense until 17 minutes into the first half. How can that happen when they were basically playing tackle football?

That wasn't basketball. That was a bar fight. Good luck to Kentucky if they think they can take that kind of game on the road or in the NCAA tournament. Coincidence that Ky got a crew like that on a night they had to play like that. Normal crew would have had them in foul trouble pretty early.

Disappointed in the start of the 2nd half most. By halftime Vols should have known how the game was being played but they came out completely flat. Ky was in the bonus 5 minutes in the 2nd half. Only then did Tennessee start getting a few fouls called for them. Fouls balanced out pretty much after that with Ky up 20.

I never saw Tennessee run any of the curl sets that got Bone or Bowden those jumpers at the FT line that has been so effective. Of course it didn't appear Bowden or Turner could hit anything last night so it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Cal and his staff scouted and prepared for Tennessee very well. Seemed to know the play before it was ran all night. Even then though the first half difference was Johnson hit 4 3s in a row and Tennessee had nobody who could hit an open shot.

Beating Vandy is necessary but beating them by 50 won't get this taste out of your mouth. They gotta get LSU.

Usually the aggressor gets more free throws. It isn't about each team getting equal number of calls, which is a logical fallacy to begin with.

I dont understand how people dont get this. We've never, with Cal, been a team that jacks up threes and avoid contact. We've always had bigger and stronger players and attack the rim. Of course when you force contact you're getting more calls.

You can bet that Mitch Barnhart and Coach Cal were wearing the SEC Headquarter's phones out following their loss to LSU. Fulmer and Barnes should have also been in their ears to get a fair shake...but you would think the #1 team would get one.

The refs didn't cost UT the game but you can't call a game that differently between the 2 halves. 9 total fouls in the 1st half and about 30 in the 2nd half? You can take out a few late fouls by UT but it's still a huge gap.

Turner, Schofield, and Bowden going 1-17 from 3 and Alexander taking the night off is what cost UT.

Reactions: princeofmemphis
I'm not one to generally complain of officiating, as I believe over the course of a season, everything evens out. But, the officials allowed a mugging which worked perfectly for Kentucky, i.e. Let's play hard and take what the officials allow. They allowed a football game to take place on a basketball court, and really messed with Tennessee's rhythm and continuity. I do think that affected our shooter's psyche.

It was one sided all night long. Typical Corrupt Arena officiating. You knew that would happen after the LSU game. The most amazing stat I heard was that KY wasn't called for a personal foul on defense until 17 minutes into the first half. How can that happen when they were basically playing tackle football?
EXACTLY. Played right into UK's hands. With the physicality, there is no way that should have happened.

I'm not one to generally complain of officiating, as I believe over the course of a season, everything evens out. But, the officials allowed a mugging which worked perfectly for Kentucky, i.e. Let's play hard and take what the officials allow. They allowed a football game to take place on a basketball court, and really messed with Tennessee's rhythm and continuity. I do think that affected our shooter's psyche.
The two fouls in a row on Alexander and Schofield in the second half where we were on Defense standing motionless and Kentucky comes up from behind and Basically tackles them..... and we get two fouls called on us...... shows me we were facing two teams lastnite

I dont understand how people dont get this. We've never, with Cal, been a team that jacks up threes and avoid contact. We've always had bigger and stronger players and attack the rim. Of course when you force contact you're getting more calls.

That doesn’t give your guys the right to hit, bang, and intentionally shove our players to the floor.

And most of the time when your guys got “fouled” there was little to no contact at all. We couldn’t be physical on defense.

I’ll gladly accept losing but when I see a one sided officiated game, I’ll call them out on it.

Again, Calipari made a small donation to the referees retirement association.

I hope Coach Barnes addresses this with the league. Not in a whiny way like it made all the difference. Just that there is clear evidence of example after example where they played Rugby style because got tired of hearing we are physical. The truth is there is more skill to what we do than physicality. The favor needs to be returned at TBA. I expect a Civil War or War of 1812 type atmosphere from the crowd.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I hope Coach Barnes addresses this with the league. Not in a whiny way like it made all the difference. Just that there is clear evidence of example after example where they played Rugby style because got tired of hearing we are physical. The truth is there is more skill to what we do than physicality. The favor needs to be returned at TBA. I expect a Civil War or War of 1812 type atmosphere from the crowd.
Wish Barnes would address this but guarantee he will not. That's not who he is. He'lol tell his team they need to toughen up. EspeciaLly Alexander. He looked like a freshman out there last night.

VN Store

Back