Really glad for this. We haven't deserved to be ranked number 1 for a couple of weeks now. ESPN gets to keep their woody for Duke and BBNs tears will be so sweet when they come to TBA in a couple of weeks. So excited to see how fired up this team gets. Bless Vandy's heart tomorrow.

Love how Kentucky lost a game at home they were favored to win by double digits and the voters completely ignored it, while we lost a game on the road we were underdogs in, and we get slammed. Yes we got outplayed pretty badly Saturday night, but I don’t think there’s any contest between UT and UK who deserves a better ranking based on overall body of work this year.

Love how Kentucky lost a game at home they were favored to win by double digits and the voters completely ignored it, while we lost a game on the road we were underdogs in, and we get slammed. Yes we got outplayed pretty badly Saturday night, but I don’t think there’s any contest between UT and UK who deserves a better ranking based on overall body of work this year.

Overall body of work is what NCAAT seeds are about, not these weekly AP Polls. Kentucky dropped from 2 to 10th when Duke thumped them. We lose a lot of AP voters respect Saturday but that's okay.

Reactions: 08Vol and amorange
My top 4 would be Duke,Kentucky,Tennessee, Gonzaga, not sure who I’d have at 5,Virginia is highly overrated, the ACC is weak this year IMO!

Reactions: thehill98
Yeah it's almost like anybody who put Kentucky ahead of us actually watched the game Saturday.
This is a bad take. Should we be ahead of Gonzaga then? We beat them, and not at home either. And then should Gonzaga be ahead of Duke? But then Duke still has to be ahead of Kentucky, which can’t happen because we have to be behind them (according to you) since they beat us....
Head to head literally can not decide this, since between UT, UK, Duke, and Gonzaga, each one has one win and one loss against the others

Still, a body of work should be the AP basis, not who's hot on SATURDAY! They lost, at home, and moved up. Crazy. Ahead of us, who has trailed at the end of regulation in exactly one game this season. Crazier.

Still, a body of work should be the AP basis, not who's hot on SATURDAY! They lost, at home, and moved up. Crazy. Ahead of us, who has trailed at the end of regulation in exactly one game this season. Crazier.

It's a weekly poll that judges games of the week. If that's the case, have a once a month AP poll. NCAA seeding determines body of work.

This was to be expected and is simply how the ebb and flow of the rankings works most of the time. The truth is this does not matter- a W over LSU on the road coupled with a win over UK at home puts the Vols right back where they need to be: on the #1 line for the Tournament.

What makes me mad is Kentucky has 4 losses. One blowout to Duke like our blowout UK loss plus they have 2 losses against unranked teams in Seton Hall and Alabama. We have 2 losses both to teams that were ranked in the top 5 at the time. With that being said...i am glad it happened so maybe we will get back to playing with a chip on our shoulder again. Something we haven't done since we since the number 1 ranking.

I'd love to see Tennessee as a 1 seed but not if the Zags drop a rare game. I'd rather lose another game and get a 2 seed close to home than be shipped out West. With that said, the Zags won't drop another game so win baby win!

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
No. 1, No. 5. It's the exact same team before and after a loss. Overrated? Underrated? I don't know and I don't care really.

College basketball polls are interesting and are fun/frustrating to embrace or reject depending on your own opinion. But they actually don't matter at all.

If UT gets back on track--and I think they will--they'll get a #1 seed in the NCAAT based on a great season of work. That "ranking" matters because it can help get wins.

By the way, who wouldn't have taken 23-2 and a solid #5 at the start of the season?

GBO!

VN Store

Back