I loathe uk fans.

volfanatic86

I'm so very proud of my team. Yes, we got hammered for many reasons, however we have had an excellent, record breaking season and it will continue to be awesome. We had a very off night but the overrated chant oh my that sent me into a rage. I know it's a sport and all but that was just not cool. I didn't expect class from uk because they have none. I have tickets to the uk game March 2nd and I cannot wait. I'm so looking forward to it because I am very confident we will have our revenge. Go Vols!

I know a bunch of them.

Trust me...they loathe you twice as much as you loathe them.

I don't mean this in a snarky way but I think UK fans definitely hate other teams more. That being said...if UT continues to be a contender in the SEC it could really turn into massive rivalry. For a while the UF game was always tense, I'd like to see UT assume that role. UK fans don't realize UT is the team that has beat UK more than anyone...ever.

I don't mean this in a snarky way but I think UK fans definitely hate other teams more. That being said...if UT continues to be a contender in the SEC it could really turn into massive rivalry. For a while the UF game was always tense, I'd like to see UT assume that role. UK fans don't realize UT is the team that has beat UK more than anyone...ever.

I'd say Louisville, Duke, North Carolina is the order of hate . then maybe UT and FL

Snowflake alert! C'mon man, it's all part of the rivalry.

Do you get angry at TBA every time someone on the opposing team airballs and then has to listen to 10K people chant "airball" for the remainder of the game every time they touch it? You think that UF freshman PG melted and went home crying last week? Nope, he manned up and played pretty well under the onslaught.

Do you get upset when your fellow fans at TBA boo the opposing team for walking out the warm up? Did you wilt in shame bc our guys put the Gator chomp back in UFs vicious student section back in January? Were you pissed at Admiral last year for circling Rupp holding out his jersey to show them Tennessee in case they forgot who spanked em?

The stakes are high. The rivalry is historic. Fans often embarrass themselves and their schools. It's our calling to despise everything UK. But, get some thickness to your skin and stop being offended over something this weak. Our society has more than enough snowflakes looking to cry at the latest "offense".

<end rant>

Snowflake alert! C'mon man, it's all part of the rivalry.

Do you get angry at TBA every time someone on the opposing team airballs and then has to listen to 10K people chant "airball" for the remainder of the game every time they touch it? You think that UF freshman PG melted and went home crying last week? Nope, he manned up and played pretty well under the onslaught.

Do you get upset when your fellow fans at TBA boo the opposing team for walking out the warm up? Did you wilt in shame bc our guys put the Gator chomp back in UFs vicious student section back in January? Were you pissed at Admiral last year for circling Rupp holding out his jersey to show them Tennessee in case they forgot who spanked em?

The stakes are high. The rivalry is historic. Fans often embarrass themselves and their schools. It's our calling to despise everything UK. But, get some thickness to your skin and stop being offended over something this weak. Our society has more than enough snowflakes looking to cry at the latest "offense".

<end rant>
. I'm not offended it made me mad. Big difference. Thanks for the reply tho

I think what I am "loathing" is that we embarrassed ourselves. No #1 team should get manhandled like that. That said, things will be different in Knoxville when we have 20,000 screaming fans in their ear.

I'm so very proud of my team. Yes, we got hammered for many reasons, however we have had an excellent, record breaking season and it will continue to be awesome. We had a very off night but the overrated chant oh my that sent me into a rage. I know it's a sport and all but that was just not cool. I didn't expect class from uk because they have none. I have tickets to the uk game March 2nd and I cannot wait. I'm so looking forward to it because I am very confident we will have our revenge. Go Vols!

Like UT fans have never made the very same chant when they've upset someone? C'mon. Grow a pair.

I don't know how old you are little cat, but older Kentucky fans can tell you stories of Kentucky fans throwing oranges onto the court in Memorial Gym when they would play Tennessee. Other fan bases would do this, too, especially during the Ray Mears years (Vandy's comes to mind) Yes, modern times have made for other rivals entering the picture, but there was a time when Kentucky's biggest rival in basketball was Tennessee. This rivalry intensified when Ray Mears was the coach at Tennessee (Mears had a .500 winning percentage against Adolf Rupp). The rivalry grew into a white-hot fire after Mears was replaced by Don Devoe. Bruce Pearl helped to rekindle the rivalry, but lately Rick Barnes has shown himself to be more than a match for Calipari as a game coach. I believe that the rivalry is returning to the form of old.

I know a bunch of them.

Trust me...they loathe you twice as much as you loathe them.
This is so true. Tennessee fans need to wake up and realize that Kentucky is probably our biggest rival when it comes to all sports. Yes we dominate them in football and they hold a large advantage against us in basketball, but we really are made for each other as sports rivals. The basketball rivalry is starting to come back into the form it always enjoyed when Ray Mears, Don Devoe, and to a slightly lesser extent, Bruce Pearl, were our coaches. If Kentucky holds to form in football and continues improving, look out. We just might have an all-sports rivalry on our hands.

Not 100% sure, but the ones I know seem to hate us for that recent 29-1 record in football.

Seem to think that routinely beating us in basketball makes it even.

Plus, Lexington & Knoxville are closer in distance than an outsider might think.

Blue hates the Orange...…..I think they jelli.

This is so true. Tennessee fans need to wake up and realize that Kentucky is probably our biggest rival when it comes to all sports. Yes we dominate them in football and they hold a large advantage against us in basketball, but we really are made for each other as sports rivals. The basketball rivalry is starting to come back into the form it always enjoyed when Ray Mears, Don Devoe, and to a slightly lesser extent, Bruce Pearl, were our coaches. If Kentucky holds to form in football and continues improving, look out. We just might have an all-sports rivalry on our hands.

You can’t beat a team 27 straight years and expect to call them a rival in that sport.

You can’t beat a team 27 straight years and expect to call them a rival in that sport.
Now I'm wondering if they ever beat us 27 straight years in basketball. Wins at Rupp have been rare but we have won enough at home that I doubt they ever had such a streak.

I’m all for good rivalry, the reason I personally have a disdain for Kentucky fans is because they seem to truly hate UT and their fans... not just in a sports way, they paint the university of Tennessee, it’s fans and the state of Tennessee as this awful thing. I get sports rivalries, heck I enjoy them, but for whatever reason Kentucky fans just take it to far on a personal level.

Reactions: volfanatic86
Not mad about the overrated chants. We’ve dished it out, now we have to take it. The truth is, we were overrated at #1 and our play showed it. Let them talk for now, the good news is we have another chance in 12 days to shut them up. And I think our team will come back more hungry and motivated to get the job done.

VN Store

Back