Vols and former Vols in this years draft

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
I was kinda sad about no Vols being invited to the combine so figured it might be fun to track down not only al the guys that graduated this year from UT but some former Vols out there. So far the only one i've found with a combine invite is Hurd who a lot are projecting going at rounds 1-2 but some as late us 7-UFA. I know this wont be popular around here with the sour grapes he rightfully earned in his departure but honestly I see it as a kid put into a bad situation who made the only choice he could for his future. He didn't want to play RB or for Butch.

Anyway anyone else know of any other prospects? I'm gonna try tracking down info projections and such for Vols and former vols eligible for this draft. and track here

Vols seniors

Madre London RB 6' 1" 213 lbs Little Rock, AR
Keller Chryst QB 6' 5" 239 lbs Charlotte, NC

Shy Tuttle
DL 6' 3" 300 lbs Midway, NC

Kyle Phillips
DL 6' 4" 273 lbs Nashville, TN

Jonathan Kongbo
LB 6' 5" 254 lbs Surrey, BC

Alexis Johnson Jr.
DL 6' 3" 314 lbs Atlanta, GA

Paul Bain
DL 6' 2" 292 lbs Powder Springs, GA

Micah Abernathy
DB 6' 0" 195 lbs Atlanta, GA

Todd Kelly Jr.
DB 5' 11" 200 lbs Knoxville, TN
D.J. Henderson DB 5' 11" 179 lbs Lyman, SC

Former Vols in draft

Jalen Hurd WR 6' 4" 217 lbs SR Hendersonville, TN (proj round 1-7 lol)

Quart'e Sapp LB 6' 2" 204? lbs Milton, GA

Preston Williams WR 6' 4" 210 lbs Lovejoy, GA (showed out at colorado state)

Neiko Creamer WR 6'3" 220lbs Wilmington, DE

Vic Wharton III
WR 5' 11" 190 lbs Spring Hill, TN
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3127230/kyle-wells

Last edited:
yeah I just included all seniors even ones i didn't think would be drafted or even looked at like TKjr and Henderson. that's why i put them at bottom of list. The list is actually in reverse alphabetical order split between offense and defense.

I honestly think at least 6 of those guys will have a chance to be UDFA's the biggest knocks on all of them is injuries. Tuttle, Phillips, Konbo,, Johnson and Abernathy will all definitely be in someones camp. Bain, Chryst and London not so sure about but not impossible. Kelly retired and Henderson's career statline was 9 solo 6 assisted 15 total tackles 1 FF and 1 TFL

I was kinda sad about no Vols being invited to the combine so figured it might be fun to track down not only al the guys that graduated this year from UT but some former Vols out there. So far the only one i've found with a combine invite is Hurd who a lot are projecting going at rounds 1-2 but some as late us 7-UFA. I know this wont be popular around here with the sour grapes he rightfully earned in his departure but honestly I see it as a kid put into a bad situation who made the only choice he could for his future. He didn't want to play RB or for Butch.

Anyway anyone else know of any other prospects? I'm gonna try tracking down info projections and such for Vols and former vols eligible for this draft. and track here

Vols seniors

Madre London RB 6' 1" 213 lbs Little Rock, AR
Keller Chryst QB 6' 5" 239 lbs Charlotte, NC

Shy Tuttle
DL 6' 3" 300 lbs Midway, NC

Kyle Phillips
DL 6' 4" 273 lbs Nashville, TN

Jonathan Kongbo
LB 6' 5" 254 lbs Surrey, BC

Alexis Johnson Jr.
DL 6' 3" 314 lbs Atlanta, GA

Paul Bain
DL 6' 2" 292 lbs Powder Springs, GA

Micah Abernathy
DB 6' 0" 195 lbs Atlanta, GA

Todd Kelly Jr.
DB 5' 11" 200 lbs Knoxville, TN
D.J. Henderson DB 5' 11" 179 lbs Lyman, SC

Former Vols in draft

Jalen Hurd WR 6' 4" 217 lbs SR Hendersonville, TN (proj round 1-7 lol)

Quart'e Sapp LB 6' 2" 204? lbs Milton, GA

Jalen Hurd will show out at the NFL Combine and “blow up” as a NFL prospect. He will certainly get drafted and he could go on the first day.

Jalen Hurd will show out at the NFL Combine and “blow up” as a NFL prospect. He will certainly get drafted and he could go on the first day.
I would expect this to happen. He is a physically dominate player. Exactly what the NFL is built around. I think he will be a better NFL player than college player.

AAF actually gets me excited to see our guys play who don’t make the NFL. Along with the XFL, I’m going to (and am currently) enjoy these new leagues.

Is anybody else surprised Shy Tuttle didn’t get a combine invitation?

Yes, I was somewhat surprised, but he was so inconsistent with his play mostly because he wasn’t always healthy. He has the potential to play in the NFL but he must remain injury free.

Tuttle will be drafted. GM's like to take loq risk draft picks on players that are certain sizes but underperformed in college.
McCullers is one example. Former U of Michigan qb was drafted by Jacksonville to play receiver or tailback. McKenzie was drafted & moved to O Line. Former Ohio State qb was drafted and played receiver at Cleveland & now for Redskins. San Diego drafted a basketball player & moved him to tight end
GM's may see things in a player that us fans don't see and draft them

What ever happened to Andrea Creamer son? What happened to receiver that transferred to Cal Berkley?

Agreed. Average at best SEC running back, but found his niche as a big, physical WR at Baylor. His receiving ability was always his best skill imo. Good on him for making the transition and setting himself up to be drafted early. Was certainly NOT gonna happen had he stayed at UT as a running back averaging 4 yards per carry.

VN Store

Back