Peyton to take Witten's place on Monday Night Football?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Jimmy Pitaro, the network’s president, and content chief Connor Schell reportedly traveled to Denver on March 11 to meet with the former Broncos quarterback and proposed he take an open spot on their “Monday Night Football” panel, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The vacancy comes after panel member Jason Witten announced last month he would be ending his NFL retirement and will play with the Dallas Cowboys again.

Peyton Manning and ESPN reportedly meet to discuss ‘Monday Night Football’ job

I think it would help him extend his "shelf life" in TV commercials and possibly elevate it, so I think he'll probably do it, and would be fantastic.

When it comes to NFL, I generally "Take A Knee"!!!

However, if Peyton is involved I would watch MNF!!

ShadySpottedBrownbear-small.gif

Last edited:
His biggest challenge will probably be how to dumb it down so most viewers can understand. If he gets too detailed or technical it won't work. He will need to find the happy medium between too much detail and yet enough for those who can comprehend the details

Last edited:
His biggest challenge will probably be how to dumb it down so most viewers can understand. If he gets too detailed or technical it won't work. He will need to find the happy medium between too much detail and yet enough fot those who can comprehend.
It will work for all of us viewers who pine for more detail, not the obvious crap that often passes for "expert" color commentary now: "the Lions really need to get a score here in the next couple of minutes so that there will be time to kick off and play defense. Otherwise, they'll have to onsides kick".

Reactions: spyfish007

VN Store

Back