By Popular Demand What is the highest level of football you played: Public edition

What is the highest level of football you have played

• Elementry/Little League Football

• Middle School/Junior High Football

• Junior Varsity High School Football

• Varsity High School Football

• Non Power 5 Football

• Power 5 Football

• Semi Pro Football

• Professional Football Outside the USA

• NFL Football

• Never played organized football

Results are only viewable after voting.

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
I doubt we get anywhere near as much participation here, but I’ve seen it asked for in the other thread.

Note that your real name remains hidden, this will just allow us to see the username associated with the poll.

I played intramural flag football at UT (played the walk-on teams, routinely got our butts kicked) and basketball (played against Stanley Asunu once, got dunked on twice). Played hs basketball but zero football.

Elementary school recess, two on two. We used a nerf ball. I was Condredge Holloway and my best friend Tommy was Stanley Morgan. We kicked butt.

I never got the opportunity to play beyond playing against the kids in my neighborhood back yard ball. Not playing was not my choice, but the result of having a father that felt all sports, especially football, were a complete waste of time. More than once a coach asked my dad for permission to play on various little league, middle school and high school coaches ask my dad to let me play. He told them all unequivocally NO. So my 6' 5" 200lb self had to play saxophone in the high school band to at least get to be on the field. I would have loved to at least had the chance to see if I could have been decent at the game I love. Sorry to be melodramatic, but this has been a sore spot for me since I was 8 years old.

I never got the opportunity to play beyond playing against the kids in my neighborhood back yard ball. Not playing was not my choice, but the result of having a father that felt all sports, especially football, were a complete waste of time. More than once a coach asked my dad for permission to play on various little league, middle school and high school coaches ask my dad to let me play. He told them all unequivocally NO. So my 6' 5" 200lb self had to play saxophone in the high school band to at least get to be on the field. I would have loved to at least had the chance to see if I could have been decent at the game I love. Sorry to be melodramatic, but this has been a sore spot for me since I was 8 years old.

I, like you had a similar experience, but unlike you, when I graduated high school I was a robust 5'7" 121 lb. terror, but really, really fast, could catch any ball near me and any punt in the air. Came home from an early season practice limping with a charley horse freshman year and my mother would not speak to me or my dad (in my presence) for over a month. One day he ask me "isn't this enough? better let it go". I did....

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Never played organized football other than a local architects & engineers flag league.

Did soccer as a kid and baseball and basketball growing up.

Played through HS, minus my JR year. Had shoulder surgery (from a football injury) and missed the season.

I still have my jersey :p

I was a receiver and wore 37 junior and senior year because of Peerless Price. Being in Washington I got a lot of bandwagon crap.

VN Store

Back