ESPN's NHL Power Rankings (NCAA Tourney tie-in)

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
So they're back to hating us?

i
18. Minnesota Wild
Previous ranking: 19
gn-arrow.png

Tennessee. The Wild have played in the NHL for 18 seasons without making the Stanley Cup Final. I would, ahem, Volunteer that they sync up well with a team that has made the NCAA tournament 22 times without making the Final Four.

Well that kinda hurts.
At least they didn't call the Vol fanbase pretentious like they did Ohio State and the Maple Leafs.

And I just read further. Down with the Red Wings the Lady Vols get some trashing too.
30. Detroit Red Wings
Previous ranking: 30
sw_ye_40.png

Tennessee Lady Vols. A remarkable legacy of titles, star players and unparalleled prestige as an organization. Then the gold-standard coach left, the fortunes dramatically changed, and a team that used to be synonymous with championship contention suddenly hasn't captured one since 2009.

Last edited:
Well that kinda hurts.
At least they didn't call the Vol fanbase pretentious like they did Ohio State and the Maple Leafs.

And I just read further. Down with the Red Wings the Lady Vols get some trashing too.
30. Detroit Red Wings
Previous ranking: 30
sw_ye_40.png

Tennessee Lady Vols. A remarkable legacy of titles, star players and unparalleled prestige as an organization. Then the gold-standard coach left, the fortunes dramatically changed, and a team that used to be synonymous with championship contention suddenly hasn't captured one since 2009.
Ouch. I didn't even see that one

VN Store

Back