Successful Season?

cbrown

What will it take for you to consider this season a success?

One of the great things about college BB is that you have multiple opportunities to win championships. Having said that, from my perspective we need to make the FF for me to consider this season a success. We missed opportunities to win either SEC title. For a team with so much success to miss out on every tangible goal does diminish some of that success. I think I’d consider an Elite Eight appearance a neutral outcome for the season based on total body of work - not a failure. Opinions?

Yes. We likely won’t hang a banner this season for SEC champ or NCAA champs but under Barnes, we are making steps forward
Not too long ago Zaga was an unknown, but they are slowly improving and getting national respect

Reactions: NCVOL327
Relative to the history of our program we can already call this season a big success.

I think it’s a little silly to put too much stock in single elimination tournaments. They matter. I’m not saying they don’t. But the 30 games you play before them matter to me a great deal.

Yes. We likely won’t hang a banner this season for SEC champ or NCAA champs but under Barnes, we are making steps forward
Not too long ago Zaga was an unknown, but they are slowly improving and getting national respect

Gonzaga has been relevant since UT won the BCS title in '98.

30 wins is a successful season. These guys have played great, represented the University in an outstanding way (maybe better than any team I can remember), appear to truly love the University & played under some tough circumstances. It's a successful year regardless.

I hope for their case they go as far as they can cause they deserve it but who am I to belittle the season just cause they don't go to the final four?

30+ wins, wins over #1 ranked teams, two wins over Kentucky, ranked #1 for over a month...... I'd think most programs would be extremely happy with those results.. Pretty damn good for a football school....... You people need to chill out.
Elite Eight

CBB is a tourney sport. We have to make an Elite Eight when we were picked top ten preseason and have been top ten all year.

If you are ranked number one all year and are undefeated but lose before the Final Four then the year wasn't good. Regular season is all about making the NCAA, seeding, and getting better. The actual individual wins and losses are irrelevant.

It's been a fun season to watch regardless of the tourney results, but to me to be a success they need to fulfill expectations. Being a top ten team all season would make me expect an Elite 8 or better finish. But what I thnk is unimportant. The team has their own expectations and I hope they get there for their sake, not mine.

It's been a great season with a lot of great games and memories. If we'd won the regular season title, this would all be gravy in my book. If we'd won the SECT, I'd still feel that way. We let both slip through our fingers. According to this team, it's all about this tournament and the final 4. Anything less than the elite 8 would and should be a disappointment. The final 4 is all I've been hearing. That level would make this season one for the books.

This 110%. What happens from here is gravy.

Win either the regular season and/or the SECT and I'd agree. Right now it really feels like we've underachieved. It's down to this tournament. We'll see if this bunch has what it takes.

Reactions: Steven5198

VN Store

Back