Iowa Can Drain The 3

1973Vol

Compare Colgate and Iowa stats... hope we can defend and be more efficient in the paint on Sunday... Go Vols!

Iowa is beatable. But they did shoot 50 percent from the 3 against Cincy, while giving up 14 turnovers and handing out 15 assists. They will most certainly beat us if we do not play lights-out defense. And they will probably double- and maybe even triple-team Grant.

On paper, we are about even in our stats. For the season, they are shooting 36 percent from the 3 and averaging 12 turnovers per game; we have averaged 35.8 percent from the three and 11 turnovers per game. They shoot about 45 FG percentage, we shoot about 49 percent.

IOWA: their stats

BIG ORANGE: our stats

Looked to me like he got double and triple teamed every time he got the ball and wisely didn’t force the issue and jack up super contested shots
Yep. They collapsed on him all day. Sometimes I think he could be a little quicker making decisions and not waiting for the double / triple team. Let’s also not forget all the mundane things that Grant does well.

Grant looked like he didn’t want to be there today.

Why? Because he just sat over there on the bench @ 1/2 the game. He was in foul trouble throughout. The 1/2 he played was against largly zone packed in the paint, Daring the rest of our team to shoot 3s. Admiral did. We won.

Did you watch the game on radio? 🤔

We just need them to shoot a normal percentage from the three like 35 percent and if we do the same we'll win. We have no problem outscoring teams on two point goals think if you look at all the game we've done this 95 percent of the time.
Colgate decided to take Grant out of the game as much as they could. They were surrounding him with three players giving us wide open threes like you would shoot unguarded in practice and we missed like the first 8 of 9 in the second half. We have very good three point shooters was very surprised at the way they shot the wide open three. Of course when they started getting the hand in Admiral's face there at the end he nailed three in a row.

Iowa is beatable. But they did shoot 50 percent from the 3 against Cincy, while giving up 14 turnovers and handing out 15 assists. They will most certainly beat us if we do not play lights-out defense. And they will probably double- and maybe even triple-team Grant.

On paper, we are about even in our stats. For the season, they are shooting 36 percent from the 3 and averaging 12 turnovers per game; we have averaged 35.8 percent from the three and 11 turnovers per game. They shoot about 45 FG percentage, we shoot about 49 percent.

IOWA: their stats

BIG ORANGE: our stats

It seems that this has been the plan against our team (double and/or triple Grant) for the last few games. The reason others think this is the best way to beat us is no one but "the admiral" seems to step up decisively. I feel they all could (except maybe Alex) but for some reason just don't. I think, going forward, this must change, if not then we will be going home real soon.

Reactions: Bigorangejumpsuit
I don’t know what to expect from UT. It’s for sure they are not a championship team if they can’t beat Iowa. IMO they should win easily if the real team shows up. My goodness, Colgate players looked like high school kids yesterday.

VN Store

Back