Rick Barnes "overwhelmingly" named the USBWA National Coach of the Year

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
Congrats to Coach Barnes!!!

He was just "overwhelmingly" awarded with the Henry Iba National Coach of the Year by the USBWA

USBWA is the US Basketball Writers Association

Click on this video to play the beginning of the press conference, when they informed him of his award over the phone at the start of today's press conference.

Last edited:
Congratulations Coach. I will be interesting to see if people have the same response if Tennessee loses the next game or doesn’t win the NC

Congratulations Coach. I will be interesting to see if people have the same response if Tennessee loses the next game or doesn’t win the NC

He's way beyond expectations at this pt. But, that doesn't mean our goals are not higher than this. FF or bust for this group has been my thought from the pre season til now.

Reactions: Witch_Doctor
I wouldn't exactly call that an article. But apparently they do. If your headline is going to state he was overwhelmingly chosen maybe at least add in the vote tallys or maybe even who the runner up(s) were.

I get they are quoting the president that announced it at the beginning of the press conference, but that video or mention of that isn't even there...had I not listened to the presser here I'd have no idea why they included that...lazy writing imo

Last edited:
So fortunate he is our Coach!!!

Also:
I Totally new he would be great here!!

Congrats coach Barnes

So deserving. No matters what happens he has righted Tennessee’s ship, taken “non stars” and turned them into all SEC and all Americans.

VN Store

Back