Alexander fouling out.. (theory)

Dougie_D

I think the real reason why Admiral wanted Kyle in is because he always ends up fouling out. If this was a “last game” then Kyle should equally be there for the last minutes .
Also, last year Kyle fouled early too and everyone can agree that was a reason why we couldn’t get that W. He’s indeed super important and in clutch moments.

Kyle swings at balls even when hes caught off guard and flat footed. If he could slow down with that activity he could help his situation.. love me some K.A. and his enthusiasm in the paint.

Reactions: RollerVol
I think the real reason why Admiral wanted Kyle in is because he always ends up fouling out. If this was a “last game” then Kyle should equally be there for the last minutes .
Also, last year Kyle fouled early too and everyone can agree that was a reason why we couldn’t get that W. He’s indeed super important and in clutch moments.

He did not start or play against Loyola Chicago last year re injury (back).
On fouls he needs to watch Reid Travis UK, that guy gets by with pushing, laying his hands on players backside etc.... He is very subtle and keeps his arms in until needed. Where as Kyle and Fulky both have more of a flailing of arms which make the refs calls easier. IMO.. Go VOLS

On fouls he needs to watch Reid Travis UK, that guy gets by with pushing, laying his hands on players backside etc.... He is very subtle and keeps his arms in until needed. Where as Kyle and Fulky both have more of a flailing of arms which make the refs calls easier. IMO.. Go VOLS
That’s the same way Stokes used to play defense.

Reactions: Vols All Day

Interesting, could have been Admirals last game as well.

You realize Alexander didn't even play in that game last year right? Amazing.......

I guess theories are okay as long as you don't have any facts to dispute it...LOL

He is getting at least one reach in foul and zero steals every game. His inner desire to be a guard comes out.

I think the Admiral / Kyle thing is taken a little out of context. With 19.6 sec left - not sure why Admiral wasn’t out for the final shot.

But during start of OT - might have been a very good call to leave Kyle in to contain bigs AND let Grant have more favorable offensive matchup with the big guy and Cook.

It might well have been hold Admiral for last two minutes of OT if needed. But then we kind of jumped out to 7-8 point lead with Grant and D was working, so why make change last 2 minutes. By then we were gitting fouled and play D mode anyway. At least thats what I thought was going on and media nutjobs and taken it out of context to say Admiral didn’t want to compete? Have they never watched a UT game - there is no more competitive player I have watched this year. He reshaped his body in offseason! He dives for loose balls, he yells encouragement at teamates, at times plays with too much emotion. At times forces shots cause he wants to step up and change momentum. Have they lost there freakin marbles?? Before commentators commentate they need to observe and watch the real facts! It kinda pisses me off how they have dissed UT since about midseason when Bilas and Dicky V and ESPN started a pro ACC propaganda onslaught! But at least I see it for what it is - and they did it well, got 3 ACC teams very favorable seedings.

Go Vols take out that disrespect by playing your butt off on the court!

True, but he also plays for Kentucky. ThaT may be half the reason he gets away with so much.

depends on who's calling the games...we always seem to get refs who are at their most incompetent when we play...coincidence...I think not...:D

I think is was because Admiral hadn’t played great in the sclecond half. He knew he had 4 fouls + wasn’t playing great. With his size Alexander could help on D, and gain confidence coming into the next round.

I think is was because Admiral hadn’t played great in the sclecond half. He knew he had 4 fouls + wasn’t playing great. With his size Alexander could help on D, and gain confidence coming into the next round.

I think it was a combination of this as well as the fact we scored the first 7 pts in OT without him on the floor while Iowa was still trying to figure out who they were going to go to.

Poor fella, I heard he can’t even go into footlocker anymore without having ptsd lol

VN Store

Back