We’ve become experts on Coaching changes

ThreatLevelOrange

Wish that I was on ol’ Rocky Top
In the event the Lady Vols change coaches, we’ve got some data points.
- Mid Major Coaches have more risk. Bruce Pearl is the lone success story. We’ve had O’Neill, Buzz, Dooley and Butch. Martin is a mixed bag because until this year, his teams are on the bubble every year.
- Major assistant coaches require some time on the job. Fulmer was a huge success, and Pruitt may still be. Holly had coached at exactly one school her entire career and could not attract a staff to infuse her team with new ideas.
- Established, successful coaches at Power 5 are least risky but most costly. Barnes is the only coach since Johnny Majors in this category. That seems to be working out well.

The Lady Vols brand still carries some meaning. But learn from Alabama football, or Kentucky and UCLA basketball. You still have to have the right coach, or it just means your level of medicroty is better than most.

I'm not a womens hoops expert nor will I ever claim to be.

HOWEVER, I assume the women's game means more to our fans, our school and the Volunteer State as whole then just about anywhere else in the country. We have had a top 5 overall pure profit grossing athletic department for at least 6-7 years.. UNLIKE football or mens hoops where there is much more competition, can’t we kind of just make a big board of the top 2-3 candidates in the country and go pay them?

Maybe I sound dumb.. but I feel like we should be able to get who we want here outside of the obvious Geno's of the world and such.

This situation is not like firing Fulmer or Pearl. This is a terrible coach having mediocre success at best. To be honest any coach can do the same or better.

The same way someone with 8 DUI's is an "expert" on impaired driving. Tennessee has produced a textbook's worth of info on how not to run an AD.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
BOT
Hamilton
BOT
Search committees
BOT
Cheek
BOT
Search committees
BOT
Hart
BOT
Currie
BOT

I wonder if we can find a trend here for your “textbook's worth of info on how not to run an AD”?

VN Store

Back