'21 AL OLB Deontae Lawson (Alabama commit)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
fkdblei01j7vhcp1zgpi

6'3" 208lbs
Mobile, AL
(Mobile Christian School)

Deontae Lawson, Mobile Christian School, Outside Linebacker
Deontae Lawson, 2021 Outside linebacker - Rivals
Deontae Lawson on Hudl

Vols offered.

Last edited:
Wonder how much longer the staff will keep recruiting Bama so hard. It seems like a waste of time. There’s plenty of prospects in TN, GA, NC, Virginia, the DMV areas etc.
I don’t see how recruiting Bama hard takes anything away from recruiting other states.

Reactions: Volbucky
I don’t see how recruiting Bama hard takes anything away from recruiting other states.
Maybe I’m wrong, but if we put all our eggs in the basket of a priority kid from Birmingham and put another very talented kid from Virginia on the backburner, that could hurt us, no?

Reactions: white65
Maybe I’m wrong, but if we put all our eggs in the basket of a priority kid from Birmingham and put another very talented kid from Virginia on the backburner, that could hurt us, no?
Do we put ALL the eggs in tho? How many did i take to land James Robinson? If we’d taken one of his away, would we have netted RJ Adams? Or would we just have to eat toast by not getting either? Aren’t we ranked 2nd or 3rd in recruiting spending? That’s a lot of damn eggs!

Reactions: drvenner
Do we put ALL the eggs in tho? How many did i take to land James Robinson? If we’d taken one of his away, would we have netted RJ Adams? Or would we just have to eat toast by not getting either? Aren’t we ranked 2nd or 3rd in recruiting spending? That’s a lot of damn eggs!

Bama didn't offer Robinson.

I'm glad we got Robinson, but it's a lot easier to get a 3 star out of Alabama than a higher rated 4 star that Bama wants.

Last edited:
Wonder how much longer the staff will keep recruiting Bama so hard. It seems like a waste of time. There’s plenty of prospects in TN, GA, NC, Virginia, the DMV areas etc.
Recruiting is mostly about relationships and our staff has longtime relationships in the state of Alabama.

Idk, but I do know that we missed on Joseph Anderson because we prioritized others that we missed on before him. I’m just saying, if we are going all in for a Bama kid and slow playing another kid, it could bite us the way it has before.

Honestly, what are the odds of us getting a highly ranked kid out of Bama that Alabama wants?

Reactions: LittleVol
How recruiting works is certain coaches recruit certain areas. Pruitt has just as many ties to high schools and coaches in Alabama as anybody. If we're scared to recruit in other people's backyards but they are not afraid to recruit in ours, then we'll have a hard time getting back to the top, or even being competitive year in and year out.

I mostly agree, but I think Pruitt is only going after players from Alabama because of past relationships from when he was at Bama. A lot of times the relationship with the coach(s) wins over other factors.

But all Alabama prospects show be considered long shoots, even when we're back on top.

Idk, but I do know that we missed on Joseph Anderson because we prioritized others that we missed on before him. I’m just saying, if we are going all in for a Bama kid and slow playing another kid, it could bite us the way it has before.

Honestly, what are the odds of us getting a highly ranked kid out of Bama that Alabama wants?
Bout the same as pulling a highly ranked LB out of Cali?

VN Store

Back