Meme Jackson signs contract for WNBA

I see nothing in the skill set she displayed as a LV that leads me to believe she'll make a pro squad. However, i hope she proves me wrong.

I'm glad then you aren't the dreams talent scout

She will.

Atlanta has Tiffany Hayes, Brittany Sykes, Angel McCoughtry, Blake Dietrich and Nia Coffey returning at the G/W spot (not to mention Alex Bentley and Renee Montgomery at PG, but both can also play off the ball). If Meme makes this roster, then she will have earned it and it will also have shown that she severely underachieved at Tennessee.

Atlanta has Tiffany Hayes, Brittany Sykes, Angel McCoughtry, Blake Dietrich and Nia Coffey returning at the G/W spot (not to mention Alex Bentley and Renee Montgomery at PG, but both can also play off the ball). If Meme makes this roster, then she will have earned it and it will also have shown that she severely underachieved at Tennessee.
Also with the way the salary cap is set up, MeMe will be on a rookie deal if she makes the team(About $41K) compared to Alex Bentley. With Tiffany, Angel, and the others (Liz Williams, Jessica Breeland) making Veteran pay ($60-115K) it will be easier for a rookie to make the team if the team is projected to be over the cap. Which is one of the reasons Atlanta lost Dantas to Minnesota because they couldn't afford to match her contract and keep key players in place.

Also with the way the salary cap is set up, MeMe will be on a rookie deal if she makes the team(About $41K) compared to Alex Bentley. With Tiffany, Angel, and the others (Liz Williams, Jessica Breeland) making Veteran pay ($60-115K) it will be easier for a rookie to make the team if the team is projected to be over the cap. Which is one of the reasons Atlanta lost Dantas to Minnesota because they couldn't afford to match her contract and keep key players in place.
Good point. Also every team needs a defensive stopper. And to the core that's what Meme takes the most pride in and has the most passion to the be

I'm glad then you aren't the dreams talent scout

She will.
Not to be a Debbie downer, but it’s EXTREMELY hard for players who not drafted to make a WNBA team due to short rosters.. it’s hard for players drafted to make the team. That being said, following the WNBA for years now, unless there’s a lot of injuries, her chances of making the squad is very very slim, BUT on the bright side, it gives coaches a chance to see her play and helps her make an overseas team a lot smoother... Mercedes was drafted and got waived at training camp but later on made the Seattle team.. so it’s tough but i wish her well

Reactions: T_Vol376
Not to be a Debbie downer, but it’s EXTREMELY hard for players who not drafted to make a WNBA team due to short rosters.. it’s hard for players drafted to make the team. That being said, following the WNBA for years now, unless there’s a lot of injuries, her chances of making the squad is very very slim, BUT on the bright side, it gives coaches a chance to see her play and helps her make an overseas team a lot smoother... Mercedes was drafted and got waived at training camp but later on made the Seattle team.. so it’s tough but i wish her well

We've seen what Diamond could do with coaching. But then again we've also seen Jamie got probably 10 minutes of game and Mercedes who got less than two minutes to game. So it goes both ways. But Meme is the best athlete out of all of them.... As a coach I would prefer to take an athlete and make them a ball player than to take a ball player and make them an athlete.

That said I like her chances

Reactions: MAD
We've seen what Diamond could do with coaching. But then again we've also seen Jamie got probably 10 minutes of game and Mercedes who got less than two minutes to game. So it goes both ways. But Meme is the best athlete out of all of them.... As a coach I would prefer to take an athlete and make them a ball player than to take a ball player and make them an athlete.

That said I like her chances
Well the reason Mercedes and Jamie got small playing time is cus of the rotations... there’s plenty of veteran players on both prospective teams..and if you not a First Rounder in most cases, you see very little playing time.. Victoria Vivian’s got drafted high last year for Indiana and came off the bench... i just don’t see Meme making the team.. jus my opinion from watching how cutthroat the WNBA process is... I’ve seen guards who been in the league a long time get cut... there’s too much competition and WNBA is alll about politics... I’m sure she’ll develop more and get more consistent overseas...

Reactions: T_Vol376
Well the reason Mercedes and Jamie got small playing time is cus of the rotations... there’s plenty of veteran players on both prospective teams..and if you not a First Rounder in most cases, you see very little playing time.. Victoria Vivian’s got drafted high last year for Indiana and came off the bench... i just don’t see Meme making the team.. jus my opinion from watching how cutthroat the WNBA process is... I’ve seen guards who been in the league a long time get cut... there’s too much competition and WNBA is alll about politics... I’m sure she’ll develop more and get more consistent overseas...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back