Barnes redemption tour

I don’t see it like that because he doesn’t owe me or anyone an apology or redemption from me. This just further exemplifies his class and dignity. So thankful he stayed even if we don’t win another game. I realize there’s plenty who don’t feel that way but this is my humble but extremely accurate opinion😒😒

I don’t see it like that because he doesn’t owe me or anyone an apology or redemption from me. This just further exemplifies his class and dignity. So thankful he stayed even if we don’t win another game. I realize there’s plenty who don’t feel that way but this is my humble but extremely accurate opinion😒😒

I totally agree Barnes give an honest statement , people are butt hurt , I wouldn't want a coach unwilling to listen to another school about job,
that would show he's stupid. Kudos to AD Fulmer " we have invested a lot $$ in buildings here , we Need invest $$ in people...………….GO VOLS

I totally agree Barnes give an honest statement , people are butt hurt , I wouldn't want a coach unwilling to listen to another school about job,
that would show he's stupid. Kudos to AD Fulmer " we have invested a lot $$ in buildings here , we Need invest $$ in people...………….GO VOLS
I would love a head coach that has that much loyalty however they don't exist most of the time.

Reactions: MAD and GlennTenn
He didn't listen to another school, he actively pursued the UCLA job because he doesn't have an agent. All that being said, I dont care one way or the other.

Reactions: RollerVol
I thought Coach Pearl was great and still like him but he wasn't honest. I can't be disappointed that Coach Barnes is honest in what he says. (Besides, I think if he had told Mrs. Barnes "We're going to UCLA" she would have said "Think again.")

I thought Coach Pearl was great and still like him but he wasn't honest. I can't be disappointed that Coach Barnes is honest in what he says. (Besides, I think if he had told Mrs. Barnes "We're going to UCLA" she would have said "Think again.")
Yeah I think all Candy told him was “make a decision “ but if that decision had been to leave they may have had further discussion :):)

If I were CRB and had been offered FREE FOOD FOR LIFE, I'd be ashamed to offer some lame gift basket as a TY. He should have given the owners FREE COURT SIDE TICKETS for his remaining time here, and thrown in some extras for other employees to share as well IMO.

Reactions: sport3500
If I were CRB and had been offered FREE FOOD FOR LIFE, I'd be ashamed to offer some lame gift basket as a TY. He should have given the owners FREE COURT SIDE TICKETS for his remaining time here, and thrown in some extras for other employees to share as well IMO.

Guessing you're one of the employees.

I actually think it's awesome Barnes stayed and that Volunteer nation showed him how much they appreciate what he has done with the Basket Ball program and how much they want him to stay by offering all these free meals. I also appreciate UT admin and Barnes understanding they needing to do something with Barnes to help heal things. If nothing else, this shows real leadership at UT.

God Money...

Proverbs 3: 5&6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Barnes leaned not on his own understanding, and his path was indeed made clear. His life was also made more abundant as a reward.........yep God’s money.

"Proverbs 3: 5&6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Barnes leaned not on his own understanding, and his path was indeed made clear. His life was also made more abundant as a reward."

Amen.

I think there was obviously a lot more to Coach Barnes' interest and decision than is going to come across in a sports writer's article.

He's giving them free adspace on an extremely popular Twitter account.

Reactions: JoAllan
Wrong. Just very unimpressed with his level of appreciation. Keep in mind he's now the 3rd highest paid BB coach in the country, without any top three accomplishments to validate that type salary.
Well court side seats for life would have been a bit over the top because we are talking some serious jack. And just like major leaguers, NBAers, NFLers, etc they pay for those tickets now....you cant do what we used to do calling up a friend or family member in the league or coaching at an SEC school and say "hey leave me a couple of tickets at will call, I think I can make it". To much money involved now days and that doesn't happen anymore. For one game-maybe if some donor turned his tickets back in to be given away but not season tickets...Plus the advertising Rick gave those business is BIG MONEY....JMO

He doesn’t owe any of us an apology.

Face it, UCLA is a much better job than Tennessee who has a lot more to offer.

Barnes was honest about being interested and who the hell can blame him? You have a much better chance of winning at a big time program like UCLA than you do here.

But he decided he wanted to be here and that’s enough for me.

Proverbs 3: 5&6

Barnes leaned not on his own understanding, and his path was indeed made clear. His life was also made more abundant as a reward.........yep God’s money.
Careful JoAllan Matthew 7:6 may be in play here...:):)

People whose glasses are so Orange colored they can't see reality are usually the Butt Hurt Ones.

VN Store

Back