Up to #20 This Week

D4weyXlX4AAXFwp.jpg

Indiana is the sole big 10 conference team on that list. You'd think for being such a powerhouse athletic conference they'd have better representation in baseball. Looks like mostly SEC/PAC12/ACC

Reactions: RollerVol
wanted a little higher , but Biased. Just Glad to be in the list!! Great opportunity this weekend.... Both teams Come in Hot but i think Arkansas has added pressure. Something tells me this UT team will Step it up some this weekend for their Coach and Surprise some folks!!! Weekend prediction - (3) barn burners with Ark making some key mental mistakes and UT takes an away series 2-1 from the Hogs......UT gets the breaks this weekend, just got a good feeling about this series, Some unexpected Hot Bats too!!

Indiana is the sole big 10 conference team on that list. You'd think for being such a powerhouse athletic conference they'd have better representation in baseball. Looks like mostly SEC/PAC12/ACC
I really think Big 10 baseball sufferers from the late winter early spring weather in most of the region. It’s very difficult to get in good outdoor practice till late March most of the time. Why would a good high school player stay here if he has the chance to go south or west.

Same problem for high schools.

I really think Big 10 baseball sufferers from the late winter early spring weather in most of the region. It’s very difficult to get in good outdoor practice till late March most of the time. Why would a good high school player stay here if he has the chance to go south or west.

Same problem for high schools.

It’s simply geographic location. Can’t play baseball in the Big 10 states in February and even March.

We now have the 2nd toughest OOC schedule in the SEC. Vandy is first, but our two series against Indiana and Fresno State are better than any of their two series. They just haven't played many teams above 175. I know the SEC is really tough, but there are some bad OOC schedules in the conference.

Reactions: RollerVol
Who does UT Sports use for their information? The game info says UT at #18? All polls I've seen say 20 or so. Not complaining, nor do I really care, just curious.

We've had a Strong surge after starting slow in SEC play. Back to .500 in conference and at 30 wins early in the year!

4 more great opportunities with series coming up against 2 top 25 teams (Arkansas & Ole Miss) and 2 just on the outside (Missouri & Florida). Missouri ranked right at 22 & 26 in a couple of polls and Florida is ranked 23 & 29 in RPI and D1Baseball.

VN Store

Back