Sons first trip to Knoxville

TXVolsFan

Hi! I put a post in the basketball forum but didn't have many reponses. I am bringing my son to Knoxville for the 1st time ( only my 2nd time to visit ) from Texas for the basketball camp. The last time we stayed at the Hampton Inn near campus, but that is sold out so looking for hotel suggestions. Thought about staying a little bit further out...saw hotels near papermill? I would assume since its summer traffic/parking wouldn't be horrible....the camp says parking will be in G10 ( have a chevy 4x4...assuming that wouldnt be a problem? ) Any restaurants or shops you guys recommend? We will be headed to the shop on campus to get him some stuff. Will be in a hotel from Saturday through Thursday so just trying to find a nice one and make this trip memorable for us both! Appreciate any thoughts and suggestions!

Reactions: malinoisvol
The Holiday Inn is clean. Within a decent walk from the stadium and right in downtown. Idk your sons age but there seems to be plenty to do within walking distance. I stayed there before and had no complaints.

Reactions: tellicoflash
The Holiday Inn is clean. Within a decent walk from the stadium and right in downtown. Idk your sons age but there seems to be plenty to do within walking distance. I stayed there before and had no complaints.

Hes 12 so walking isn't an issue

Check it out. Its the most centrally located hotel I can personally of. You will have to park underground but I also drive a Chevy 4×4 with 6 in lift and I cleared.

I was on campus a couple of weeks ago for the first time since my days there as a student. I had my son take my picture standing in front of Hess Hall. He is older now than I was when I went to school there. I can't believe how much the campus has changed. It was really impressive and a lot nicer than I remember it. Hope you and your son have a great visit.

Reactions: sona
Not sure about your ability,but the new Marriott down town is pretty centrally located in terms of to campus and to food and activities and they just put scooters downtown to use which you can take to campus (so you don’t have to drive or Uber). I think it’s like $1.50 to use then $0.15 a minute after (ride to campus would take maybe 10 minutes). If I were 12 I know that would be something that would add that extra shot of fun in.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn on Henley several times--highly recommend. All the others listed, would be fine, as well.

VN Store

Back