Weird stats from combine

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
Grant Williams 5.4% has lower body fat that Admiral Schofield 6.8% Jordan Bone was 5%. PJ Washington was the third 'fattest' of all participants 8.6%

Jordan Bone has very small hands compared to everyone else.

Height with shoes is a throw away stat as people height with and without varied anywhere from 1-2 inches. Admiral was 6'4" barefooted 6'5.25" with grant is 6'5.75" without 6'7.5" with Grant had thicker shoes on.

Bone is weirdly listed as a SG not a PG in combine results. maybe because.....

Bone did exceptionally well in spot up shooting drills AS and GW didn't participate (most non guards didn't)

Bone didn't fully participate in non-stationary shooting drills but did well above average in all he did. Looks like very few people did these drills at all and only 5 people did them all

In strength and agility drills Bone ate it up on speed and agility drills When you look at his overall stats he stood out even in the drills he didn't outright get tops marks in he was 1 tick off the lead and in lane agility he was in another zone from everyone else.

Grant Williams had the most bench press reps 20 of everyone who participated. AS had 15 Bone had 7 which was midpack for guards.

There was a 6'11" 225lb center Neemias Queta who was only able to do 1 bench press rep and 3 guys were unable to record 1.

I so wish some of the Lottery guys hadn't skipped drills Zion, Barrett, Bol Bol and Ja all skipped the drills and most of the other highly rated guys skipped drills that would have been interesting to see (PJ washington and Reddish skipped strength agil).

I got all my info from the combine page on NBA.com Its worth a look.

probably should have called it interesting stats not weird ones.. but I did think the bodyfat stuff was weird.

Looking at Bones stats he really stood out from most guards in all the measurables and at worst was slightly above average in everything but hand size. The fact he was listed at a SG probably makes his stats look less impressive for someone that does not know he is a PG. his shooting stats were slightly above average compared to other SG's but on the higher end for the PG's that actually shot. combine that with the fact he reportedly showed well in scrimmages and he might go higher in the second round than some may think. I see no reason in the measurable for him to not be drafted (as a PG) and his tape speaks for itself. I think if he does not get drafted it will be because of something in the interview process. The whole SG thing has me really confused though was that his choice? Because the case for him as a SG is a lot weaker.

There was a 6'11" 225lb center Neemias Queta who was only able to do 1 bench press rep and 3 guys were unable to record 1.

I am not trying to judge these guys by any means and I'm sure they're fine athletes. But after 2-4 years in a collegiate level weight program and they cant rep 185 on the bench press? Heck, I'm 38 and just work out 2 or 3 times a week to help with blood pressure and stay in a semblance of shape and I can do a couple of 185's.

Reactions: livefaith
I am not trying to judge these guys by any means and I'm sure they're fine athletes. But after 2-4 years in a collegiate level weight program and they cant rep 185 on the bench press? Heck, I'm 38 and just work out 2 or 3 times a week to help with blood pressure and stay in a semblance of shape and I can do a couple of 185's.

IIRC Kevin Durant had issues with the bench press as well and we know how that story turned out. Kwame Brown was probably a bench monster though.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
The weight is 185 and not 225?

185 is a weird number to use.

I can run a 5.8 40 and rep 185 twice. I'm only 35. I would say I have a decent shot in the NBA with the Knicks.
You can’t compare yourself to these guys dude.

They been in the valley, you ain’t been up off that porch now. CANT NOBODY TELL ME NOTHING !

You been getting fatter,
These players are much faster,
You been getting lazy,
Dal been climbin ladders,
Their jump shots are groovy,
You got man boobies...

YEAHHH,

IM GONNA ROAST NEWBIES IN ALL MY POSTS,

UNTIL IM BANNED AND CANT POST NO MORE

What percentage chance does the board think that Bone will return to UT for his senior season?

Is hand size an important factor in the NBA ?
yes it is for basketball period. watch Micheal Jordan highlights. It plays a big factor in the types of shots/dunks a person can make and ball handling. Jordan famously had hands bigger than Patrick Ewing.

here is a list of the 15 NBA players historically with biggest hands
15 NBA Players With the Largest Hand Sizes

1. Boban Marjanovic: Estimated to be 10.75/12 inches
  2. Shaquille O'Neal: Estimated to be 10.25/12 inches
  3. Giannis Antetokounmpo: 9.85/12 inches
  4. Gregory Smith: 9.8/12 inches
  5. Connie Hawkins: 10.5/11 inches
  6. Noah Vonleh: 9.75/11.75 inches
  7. Julius Erving: Estimated to be 9.5/11.75 inches
  8. Michael Jordan: 9.75/11.375 inches
  9. Kawhi Leonard: 9.75/11.25 inches
  10. Wilt Chamberlain: 9.5/11.5 inches
  11. Royce White: 9.5/11.5 inches
  12. Wayne Embry: Estimated to be 9.25/11.75 inches
  13. Elgin Baylor: Estimated to be 9.75/11 inches.
  14. Jahlil Okafor: Estimated to be 9.5/11.25 inches
  15. Rajon Rondo: 9.5/10 inches
12 of 15 are either All stars or Hall of Famers. Also pretty much all of these guys are high end defenders.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Kevin Durant could not bench press 185 one time in then NBA combine. It’s really hurt his career.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
yes it is for basketball period. watch Micheal Jordan highlights. It plays a big factor in the types of shots/dunks a person can make and ball handling. Jordan famously had hands bigger than Patrick Ewing.

here is a list of the 15 NBA players historically with biggest hands
15 NBA Players With the Largest Hand Sizes

1. Boban Marjanovic: Estimated to be 10.75/12 inches
  2. Shaquille O'Neal: Estimated to be 10.25/12 inches
  3. Giannis Antetokounmpo: 9.85/12 inches
  4. Gregory Smith: 9.8/12 inches
  5. Connie Hawkins: 10.5/11 inches
  6. Noah Vonleh: 9.75/11.75 inches
  7. Julius Erving: Estimated to be 9.5/11.75 inches
  8. Michael Jordan: 9.75/11.375 inches
  9. Kawhi Leonard: 9.75/11.25 inches
  10. Wilt Chamberlain: 9.5/11.5 inches
  11. Royce White: 9.5/11.5 inches
  12. Wayne Embry: Estimated to be 9.25/11.75 inches
  13. Elgin Baylor: Estimated to be 9.75/11 inches.
  14. Jahlil Okafor: Estimated to be 9.5/11.25 inches
  15. Rajon Rondo: 9.5/10 inches
12 of 15 are either All stars or Hall of Famers. Also pretty much all of these guys are high end defenders.
Thx

185 is warm up weight for anyone who actually lifts on a regular basis.

I get they are basketball players but this is pretty light weight.

Just kinda shocked.
Basketball players aren't doing a ton of heavy weight lifting in their upper body. More of it is strength training and core and lower body work to increase explosion and lift. Most of those guys have very long arms, as well, which makes the bench exercise that much more difficult. As has been pointed out, Kevin Durant couldn't do a single rep of 185 and his career suffered not.

Reactions: MCScots4

Just kinda shocked.

Thats what I was thinking. I start 185, 205, 225, and then try to get as many reps of 275 as I can get in.

You can’t compare yourself to these guys dude.

They been in the valley, you ain’t been up off that porch now. CANT NOBODY TELL ME NOTHING !

You been getting fatter,
These players are much faster,
You been getting lazy,
Dal been climbin ladders,
Their jump shots are groovy,
You got man boobies...

YEAHHH,

IM GONNA ROAST NEWBIES IN ALL MY POSTS,

UNTIL IM BANNED AND CANT POST NO MORE
I can certainly tell you that you are an fn idiot.

Just kinda shocked.
Totally bro. My warm up on the bench is 325.

Lifting is the only whey to go, my man. God, we’re cool.

VN Store

Back