Gusters to Baylor

Hope her Irving Mac and ProSkills teammate Sarah Andrews isn't too far behind her in committing.

Why’d y’all lose an assistant coach to Michigan ?
She's from New Jersey and is looking to get closer to home. She just had her first baby and had to miss the NCAA run. As HC at Prairie View A&M she took the Panthers dancing which is a major accomplishment in it's own right. I would look for her to land a P5 HC job in the future...(Rutgurs???).

Kim Mulkey is close friends with the Michigan HC so I'm confident that this move has Kim's seal of approval.

Good luck Coach Wilson!

Reactions: feathersax
She's from New Jersey and is looking to get closer to home. She just had her first baby and had to miss the NCAA run. As HC at Prairie View A&M she took the Panthers dancing which is a major accomplishment in it's own right. I would look for her to land a P5 HC job in the future...(Rutgurs???).

Kim Mulkey is close friends with the Michigan HC so I'm confident that this move has Kim's seal of approval.

Good luck Coach Wilson!

That’s awesome I was just curious and that move makes sense!

Reactions: BUBear
Tennessee really needs to lock up Cardoso. Looks like she's the only impact post player left who is considering Tennessee (I may be mistaken?). Hope Kellie is all over her like a cheap suit. I don't think the fact she plays HS in Tennessee necessarily helps, since she's not FROM Tennessee. Lots of tops schools are after her. She CANNOT be the 2nd player from (-ish) Tennessee to commit to UConn!

Tennessee really needs to lock up Cardoso. Looks like she's the only impact post player left who is considering Tennessee (I may be mistaken?). Hope Kellie is all over her like a cheap suit. I don't think the fact she plays HS in Tennessee necessarily helps, since she's not FROM Tennessee. Lots of tops schools are after her. She CANNOT be the 2nd player from (-ish) Tennessee to commit to UConn!

UConn , Mississippi State, Kentucky ?

UConn , Mississippi State, Kentucky ?

South Carolina has an offer to her as well. She's 6'6 and not a stiff. My guess is that she's in high demand.

Looking at rosters, Kentucky might be looking really attractive to her. Not a lot of post depth to fight for minutes. They'd probably need her to play major minutes.

Reactions: djtee
Playing alongside oodles of talent at HH shouldn't deter her from competition. If she wants to come here and sit somebody down, that's what she should do.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Wow, sounds like Coach J-H's recruiting is off to a bang up start! Everytime I click on this forum I read about a new recruit NOT committing to the Lady Vols.

Wow, sounds like Coach J-H's recruiting is off to a bang up start! Everytime I click on this forum I read about a new recruit NOT committing to the Lady Vols.

Early returns are certainly not encouraging. If Harper can't lock up all this talent in her own backyard next class, the program is in serious trouble...

Early returns are certainly not encouraging. If Harper can't lock up all this talent in her own backyard next class, the program is in serious trouble...

The only offers I am aware of are Hayes and Hunt year 2020. The other three are for 2021 and 2022 ! Looks like they are going after some of the same players as Louisville and Ohio etc. Which is what you would expect. Whether she is successful.... that’s yet to be determined. We lost MiMi and she will be replaced with a red shirt Juco player! Let’s see how she does next year and the next...🤔

Reactions: BUBear
The priority could be a true point guard that can run an offense and defend followed by a wing.

Normally I agree with you but I’m not going the Jeff Waltz route of signing players that don’t fit into my system just so other teams can’t have them!

Having watched all 3 play in person I’d take Key and Saunders over Cardoso everyday! It’s easy to dominate at 6’6” when your team is loaded with All Americans at key positions (Massengil, Balogun, Hunt), she isn’t a stiff but she doesn’t have nearly the foot speed as what we brought in this year and imo she is more in the mold of the post that Geno prefers at the 5 (Lobo and Dolson type)

I would prefer her not to go to UConn but imo she isn’t a need! If there is a Post in the 2020 class that I have to have outside of Gusters I want is 6’4 Sakima Walker! She played with Jordan Horston at Africentric, she is currently ranked 54 and quickly rising and imo has more potential than Cardoso but again those are my thoughts

Reactions: Hangtyme24
Normally I agree with you but I’m not going the Jeff Waltz route of signing players that don’t fit into my system just so other teams can’t have them!

Having watched all 3 play in person I’d take Key and Saunders over Cardoso everyday! It’s easy to dominate at 6’6” when your team is loaded with All Americans at key positions (Massengil, Balogun, Hunt), she isn’t a stiff but she doesn’t have nearly the foot speed as what we brought in this year and imo she is more in the mold of the post that Geno prefers at the 5 (Lobo and Dolson type)

I would prefer her not to go to UConn but imo she isn’t a need! If there is a Post in the 2020 class that I have to have outside of Gusters I want is 6’4 Sakima Walker! She played with Jordan Horston at Africentric, she is currently ranked 54 and quickly rising and imo has more potential than Cardoso but again those are my thoughts
I haven't scouted the recruits as well as you have, I was just going by the buzz. I'm surprised you don't think that Cardoso would be an impact player. Given that UConn and MSST are drooling all over her, I assumed she must have been a prize.

I do hope Key lives up to what you see as her potential, because post and PG are the two biggest weaknesses on the team right now. I think PG has the potential to be OK if Horston adjusts to the college game quickly, but Kasi is really the only true 4/5 player that is likely to be an impact player on day 1.

I haven't scouted the recruits as well as you have, I was just going by the buzz. I'm surprised you don't think that Cardoso would be an impact player. Given that UConn and MSST are drooling all over her, I assumed she must have been a prize.

I do hope Key lives up to what you see as her potential, because post and PG are the two biggest weaknesses on the team right now. I think PG has the potential to be OK if Horston adjusts to the college game quickly, but Kasi is really the only true 4/5 player that is likely to be an impact player on day 1.

Maybe mlindsey just caught Cardoso at bad times or when she was injured??? Not sure, but when I've seen her potential seemed off the charts to me. Probably the best I've seen in transition at that size. She looks super athletic to me. ESPN just moved her up to no. 5 in the class and the no. 1 post and Mike Flynn has her as the 2nd best prospect in the class. IMO, that is pretty accurate. She would be my number 1 post target by far.

Reactions: mcannon1

You think she PG can be an OK because of her youth or potential?

I still think PG could end up being a problem this year. If we run a real offense, someone will need to be the leader at the point and someone with a steady hand. I hope the days are gone where the point guard rams it into the defense and turns it over. The lady from Stanford that transferred to ND would have been great.

Maybe mlindsey just caught Cardoso at bad times or when she was injured??? Not sure, but when I've seen her potential seemed off the charts to me. Probably the best I've seen in transition at that size. She looks super athletic to me. ESPN just moved her up to no. 5 in the class and the no. 1 post and Mike Flynn has her as the 2nd best prospect in the class. IMO, that is pretty accurate. She would be my number 1 post target by far.

She came a loooong way from freshman to her sophomore year. And now her junior year is complete. She needs to develop a ten foot shot and get better at free throws. Like most all other recruits! However, at 6’6” and I hear (maybe growing) she is still a force to deal with. I keep thinking about Misst. And what they were able to do with their big girl that is turning pro now! Vic or Geno would take Kamilla and make her into the best post that we have seen in awhile. JMO

I can see mlindsy saying that Key is more athletic because of footwork and eye hand coordination and handling the ball off the dribble. However, she has something no one can coach ..... THE HEIGHT! And as I have said : (Maybe Growing) ? Just saying

Reactions: Amb3096
You think she PG can be an OK because of her youth or potential?

I think much like with Evina and Annie, it will be a bit of a breaking in period for Jordan to adjust to playing PG at the premier college level. I'm sure she's good, and I feel better that she's being coached by Kellie vs. Holly...but I fully expect that there will be speedbumps in the beginning (and maybe longer). I don't have faith in Massengill being a stabilizing force to allow Jordan to come along slowly because she herself needs a ton of work. Jordan is basically going to be broken in via trial by fire. I think she has the potential to be a very good scoring PG much like Evina was this year (hopefully minus the turnovers), but I won't be surprised if it takes time.

I am not doubting she would be an impact player day 1, my doubt is will she be as much of an impact as a freshman than our 2 6'6" Post who would be as sophomore's? Both Key and Saunders aren't done growing yet either. If you can add her add her but I don't think she is a need as much as a smaller, speedier PG or a Knock down 3PT shooter.

VN Store

Back