Zach Smith Podcast episode 5 ... Zach goes into UT pretty extensively

I’ll check this out... His podcasts are actually pretty interesting and knowledgeable, considering that he was a complete psycho during his public meltdown at OSU.

I listened because he went in-depth about the Meyer-Florida days in one of them. Many interesting tidbits. He also had an interesting discussion on Percy Harvin. He overheard a conversation where Pete Carroll (then with the Seahawks) called and asked Meyer how he managed Percy? They basically discussed that Percy was a little odd off the field, but on the field he was quite possibly the greatest player they had ever laid eyes on. They also discussed how Percy just didn’t show up for the road trip to South Carolina while at Florida. Just completely MIA and unaccounted for. Meyer later said (lied) that he didn’t make the trip due to migraines.

So what’s the key points? I don’t want to add to that idiots listener count.
Says the SEC won't be better than the Big 10 until Tennessee is back
Says Schiano was one of the best coaches he knew and how close that came to happening
Says Lane Kiffin was a good fit at Tennessee
Says Urban was relieved when Fulmer was fired
Says Butch Jones was a joke, had no clue what he was doing and he had Urban penis envy

Other than the fact that he is a Big 10 Urban Meyer chin wiper, he made UT look pretty bad from the IBJ years.

What time does he start talking about UT?
I would guess about 20 minutes or so in .. he is straight nuts if he thinks the B1G is on level par with the SEC though .. there is just too big of a drop off from OSUck with teams like Iowa (who I like), Wisconsin, Michigan and Mich St being just average never contending for a title teams.

Reactions: Remy
Says Schiano was one of the best coaches he knew and how close that came to happening
Says Butch Jones was a joke, had no clue what he was doing and he had Urban penis envy
What’s penis envy?

Thought I might give the podcast a shot, being the offseasons and all, until I read those three bullets.......lmao.....moving on.

In he latest episode he promises shirts for team fans to wear when they play he Texas Longhorns .. should be funny considering the Tom Herman factor

I'm sure Smith is knowledgeable on college football... but it's hard to take him seriously given some his very immature behavior on social media.
Without a doubt .. the way he went at Brett McMurphy who I have had he pleasure of working with in the sports media years ago was pretty rough. He may not realize it but Brett is VERY credible and really digs in to verify stuff .. if something is just passed on to him, he states it in just that way. He and I used to edit stuff together and he was a stickler for that.

Reactions: dduncan4163

If those bolded comments are true, then the podcast is a waste of time. BTW, why would Urban really care if Fulmer was let go? He never lost to UT. I am still haunted by that beat down we took on the chin in 2007.

Reactions: 08Vol and Remy
If those bolded comments are true, then the podcast is a waste of time. BTW, why would Urban really care if Fulmer was let go? He never lost to UT. I am still haunted by that beat down we took on the chin in 2007.
Again, I think it was said that Kiffin was not a good fit for UT and just a bad hire but also the Fulmer thing had more to do with recruiting .. said by comparison Urban was at UF when Bowden was still at FSU and Coker was at Miami so he was good with that having to recruit against two old guys but recruiting against Fulmer would have been a pain.

Most recent podcast he put Neyland on his top 10 stadiums to visit that he has coached in

"There's nothing more intimidating than coming out of your locker room and seeing a live God D*mn tiger right there on the field" talking about Death Valley LSU .. pretty funny

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back