The First Score of the GSU Game

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
It's way too early, I agree. But there's a thick fog outside this morning. As I ventured into it, the mist's droplets teased my skin with wet and feathery sensations. Mere feet ahead ghostly apparitions or maybe just my imagination or perhaps the magic mushroom jam I had with my toast is at fault. But the fog seemed to transport me to our first game of the season but only for one play--dayum. So I report what I witnessed.
============================================================

The first Touchdown of the Georgia State Game – Or The Freightliner Special

Might’ve been over-eagerness, more likely it was the frustration of not playing that made Carlin Fils-ame do what he did. The young man pestered Pruitt and the position coaches to let him field the first kickoff of the GSU game. I suppose the man had something to prove and wanted the opportunity to do just that. He put in a good deal of time fielding kicks, both kickoffs, and punts. A lot of time, mind you. Over spring and summer workouts, Carlin corraled something like 460 flying balls with only one drop all told. So when they finally said “yes” either to shut him up or they had confidence in him, personally I don’t know.

Came August’s last day. Game time was 3:30 pm officially, yet started at 3:45. Some boneheaded father over the mother’s objections sneaked his six years old son onto the field and told him to run to the center field “T.” The idea being to make a momentous photo of his “all-Vols son.” When they secured the kid and the father both, dad got sent out of the stadium. The kid was allowed to stay at the game with his mom. The father got booked, fined with ten days in jail and a later court date for reckless endangerment of a child. Oh, he was a true fan, but the smuggled Ole No. 7 and Hendrick's Gin mixture in his flask got the best of him. Let’s get back to Carlin who was finally on the field awaiting the GSU kickoff. With a dull thud, the ball took flight, flew 3/4th the length of the field tumbling end over end. It hit the ground. Fils-ame ran forward to meet it, caught it on the first bounce, his blockers gave him a wide lane. Then he was freightlining, highballing, pedal to the metal hauling. A Freightliner freighting vital cargo. In this case, a Nike Vapor Elite for delivery to the endzone. Farther up ahead the last two Georgia cats barred the way. Carlin gave one a shiver, the other a shake sped right on but then he couldn’t brake. He hit the wall and barely missed a cameraman. He popped back up, no harm done. Except to Shawn Elliott who muttered to himself, "It gon be one a dem days.”

1561294905178.png

Attachments

• 1561292584852.png
    1561292584852.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
A play action pass, on first and ten, to a wide open DWA, set up by a heavy dose of the running game.

Safety, Carlin Films-Ame fumbles the kickoff through the back of the end zone. JK

Chandler leisurely walks it in from 8yrds out behind Kennedy, T Smith, & Morris.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
It's way too early, I agree. But there's a thick fog outside this morning. As I ventured into it, the mist's droplets teased my skin with wet and feathery sensations. Mere feet ahead ghostly apparitions or maybe just my imagination or perhaps the magic mushroom jam I had with my toast is at fault. But the fog seemed to transport me to our first game of the season but only for one play--dayum. So I report what I witnessed.
============================================================

The first Touchdown of the Georgia State Game – Or The Freightliner Special

Might’ve been over-eagerness, more likely it was the frustration of not playing that made Carlin Fils-ame do what he did. The young man pestered Pruitt and the position coaches to let him field the first kickoff of the GSU game. I suppose the man had something to prove and wanted the opportunity to do just that. He put in a good deal of time fielding kicks, both kickoffs, and punts. A lot of time, mind you. Over spring and summer workouts, Carlin corraled something like 460 flying balls with only one drop all told. So when they finally said “yes” either to shut him up or they had confidence in him, personally I don’t know.

Came August’s last day. Game time was 3:30 pm officially, yet started at 3:45. Some boneheaded father over the mother’s objections sneaked his six years old son onto the field and told him to run to the center field “T.” The idea being to make a momentous photo of his “all-Vols son.” When they secured the kid and the father both, dad got sent out of the stadium. The kid was allowed to stay at the game with his mom. The father got booked, fined with ten days in jail and a later court date for reckless endangerment of a child. Oh, he was a true fan, but the smuggled Ole No. 7 and Hendrick's Gin mixture in his flask got the best of him. Let’s get back to Carlin who was finally on the field awaiting the GSU kickoff. With a dull thud, the ball took flight, flew 3/4th the length of the field tumbling end over end. It hit the ground. Fils-ame ran forward to meet it, caught it on the first bounce, his blockers gave him a wide lane. Then he was freightlining, highballing, pedal to the metal hauling. A Freightliner freighting vital cargo. In this case, a Nike Vapor Elite for delivery to the endzone. Farther up ahead the last two Georgia cats barred the way. Carlin gave one a shiver, the other a shake sped right on but then he couldn’t brake. He hit the wall and barely missed a cameraman. He popped back up, no harm done. Except to Shawn Elliott who muttered to himself, "It gon be one a dem days.”

View attachment 209962
Finally. At least someone has the first game on their mind and not looking ahead

Yet, somehow, you make it seem like geting mushed is a great idea, I'm listening...

I'll get back to you after I've finished concocting my experimental fermented peyote-Liberty Caps juice. My wife thinks I drink too much beer so I'm creating my own alternative.

yes, I can understand why it can be confusing...that bear's name is spelled the same way...replying for a friend...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!
Thanks for answering. I'm dying for some football and there's only two games I can watch from last season. Guess this will have to do.

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back