Weakest OOC (Tennessee No. 9)

Same here. I have to assume UT and Bama are both on this list, as their OOCs are Charmin soft.
Bama scheduled ranking teams in the first game for a number of years. They would always beat the breaks off of them so I think other teams are the ones the don't want to play them. Bama had to settle for Duke because Cutcliff ain't scared.

Same here. I have to assume UT and Bama are both on this list, as their OOCs are Charmin soft.
Consider it one less “We have to buy out____!” thread. See Oklahoma game next year. 😏

It's navigable but certainly not #9 weak.

BYU and UAB (trap game and they have a bye week before us) are tougher than people will give them credit for. Should beat both by at least 10 though.

Besides, we go to Oklahoma next year....law of averages.

Last edited:
It's navigable but certainly not #9 weak.

BYU and UAB (trap game and they have a bye before us) are tougher than people will give them credit for. Should beat both by at least 10 though.

Besides, we go to Oklahoma next year....law of averages.
We should beat UAB... but it's definitely not a layup. I expect a close game. BYU will probably be a slight favorite when we play.

I like wins, but no matter how bad we might be, I would rather lose to a excellent team (bowl or not) than beat a cupcake. I understand you can't physically play a heavyweight every week but I don't want to pay or even watch TV to beat a team by 35-40 pts.

Bama scheduled ranking teams in the first game for a number of years. They would always beat the breaks off of them so I think other teams are the ones the don't want to play them. Bama had to settle for Duke because Cutcliff ain't scared.

Just a bad pairing. Bama has less say so about ACC teams than when they sign up for Jerry's World. The same thing happened in 2013 when we got stuck with a rematch of a not very good VaTech. We have Miami as our next ACC matchup in Atlanta. Then off to Jerry World again to play USC.

The media will moan and groan about Bama's OOC schedule because that's what they get paid to do. In the end, our SEC lineup would bring another conference team to their knees. SOS always seems to balance itself out in the SEC.

Are we talking about the same UAB program that was shut down a few years ago?

So, a 2nd or 3rd tier UAB program from Conference USA, which was shut down a few years ago, is a threat to come into Neyland and win?!

Wow!
It's always possible that we could be giving them too much credit. They went 11-3 last year, but that did include a 47-24 loss to Coastal Carolina. Texas A&M beat them 41-20... we will probably beat them by 10-14 points.

It's always possible that we could be giving them too much credit. They went 11-3 last year, but that did include a 47-24 loss to Coastal Carolina. Texas A&M beat them 41-20... we will probably beat them by 10-14 points.

I guess my point was, UAB shut their program down, re-started it, and has a decent team....and UT is on a decade plus re-build.

I guess my point was, UAB shut their program down, re-started it, and has a decent team....and UT is on a decade plus re-build.
It is incredible what Bill Clark has done. Their last two seasons before dropping the program were 2-10 in 2013 and 6-6 in 2014... and their last two seasons under Clark (after starting from scratch with a new roster since most of their players transferred), they went 8-5 in 2017 and then 11-3 in 2018. I can't think of anything quite like this in the recent history of college football. What they went through should have been even more damaging than probation... and yet, they came back stronger. If you didn't already know that the integrity of college football programs in the state of Alabama was beyond reproach, you might even suspect that they were cheating. LOL!

It is incredible what Bill Clark has done. Their last two seasons before dropping the program were 2-10 in 2013 and 6-6 in 2014... and their last two seasons under Clark (after starting from scratch with a new roster since most of their players transferred), they went 8-5 in 2017 and then 11-3 in 2018. I can't think of anything quite like this in the recent history of college football. What they went through should have been even more damaging than probation... and yet, they came back stronger. If you didn't already know that the integrity of college football programs in the state of Alabama was beyond reproach, you might even suspect that they were cheating. LOL!

LULZ...indeed!

I'm going to guess that when UAB gets to neyland they will have a team with far fewer stars than the vols. Seriously, I think they're just the kind of team that could embarrass an SEC team not hitting on all cylinders.

Are we talking about the same UAB program that was shut down a few years ago?

So, a 2nd or 3rd tier UAB program from Conference USA, which was shut down a few years ago, is a threat to come into Neyland and win?!

Wow!

LOL exactly. If UAB was playing Florida we would be saying how sorry they are. If we can't beat UAB at home, then we are in a lot more trouble than I thought.

I like wins, but no matter how bad we might be, I would rather lose to a excellent team (bowl or not) than beat a cupcake. I understand you can't physically play a heavyweight every week but I don't want to pay or even watch TV to beat a team by 35-40 pts.

Unless that team is Vandy!

VN Store

Back