NCAA’s New Transfer Rules

tenor.gif

Ohio state and Miami got theirs so now the NCAA can offset those by denying others. The NCAA has and always will pick and choose. I would encourage to look up the story of Brock Hoffman from coastal carolina and tell me who's more deserving him or Justin Fields.

Are we sure that this only takes effect from this point forward on filing .. the ones already submitted should not be bound by this .. since there have already been waivers granted for this year... should apply going forward .. surely this is not in effect immediately .. the NCAA surely wouldn't use 2 different rules in the same calendar year ..

Are we sure that this only takes effect from this point forward on filing .. the ones already submitted should not be bound by this .. since there have already been waivers granted for this year... should apply going forward .. surely this is not in effect immediately .. the NCAA surely wouldn't use 2 different rules in the same calendar year ..

I believe they said once the waivers were processed for Eli Wolf, Justin Fields and anyone playing Tennessee that the rules would take effect immediately thereafter.

This......plus it says NCAA is EXPECTED to pass these new "guidelined"/rules. No way they would take effect immediately. Has to be for 2020.........🤔......although, if we did get screwed I couldn't think of anything more "Tennessee Luck" than that.

I have found the transfer criteria in a hidden section of the NCAA rulebook:

1. If student athlete claims racism, he is immediately eligible (I'm not condoning the comments allegedly made to Fields but it's a slippery slope)
2. If student athlete has good attorney, he is immediately eligible
3. If transfer will help Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, or Miami, the player is immediately eligible
4. All others, waiver is denied

This......plus it says NCAA is EXPECTED to pass these new "guidelined"/rules. No way they would take effect immediately. Has to be for 2020.........🤔......although, if we did get screwed I couldn't think of anything more "Tennessee Luck" than that.
I agree its not likely they pass something and then say everything still backed up in the works ifs affected. Not because I trust in the NCAA to be fair but because that's how the legals think. It will likely have wording saying something like any application put in after x date gets the new guidelines. Because all the ones in now were based on the current guidelines and the athletes transferred based on that.

Also note this
The Associated Press reported in May that the total number of requests increased from 150 in 2017-18 to 250 in 2018-19, though the success rate for claims fell by two percentage points in 2018-19 compared to the previous four years.

Even thought there were more transfers actually less waivers were granted percentage wise. Meaning basically the same percentage. This leads one to think they might not bother changing it since is not really resulting in a higher percentage of waivers perse

I agree its not likely they pass something and then say everything still backed up in the works ifs affected. Not because I trust in the NCAA to be fair but because that's how the legals think. It will likely have wording saying something like any application put in after x date gets the new guidelines. Because all the ones in now were based on the current guidelines and the athletes transferred based on that.

Also note this
The Associated Press reported in May that the total number of requests increased from 150 in 2017-18 to 250 in 2018-19, though the success rate for claims fell by two percentage points in 2018-19 compared to the previous four years.

Even thought there were more transfers actually less waivers were granted percentage wise. Meaning basically the same percentage. This leads one to think they might not bother changing it since is not really resulting in a higher percentage of waivers perse
This may be the saving grace with Gibbs and Solomon. For sure Solomon hopefully. GBO!

Reactions: dduncan4163
This may be the saving grace with Gibbs and Solomon. For sure Solomon hopefully. GBO!
Don't forget Plasvic. Because of the nature of the sports Plasvic will have a much bigger effect on the teams outcomes than 2 players on the football team. That being said i think bot h of those transfers (Plasvic and Solomon) are very very important

Reactions: dduncan4163
I would hope these "guidelines" take effect next academic year. Resolve the outstanding transfer request using the current system, then implement new standards.

QUOTE="CA_Vol, post: 16883404, member: 33856"]NCAA Expected to Pass Guidelines Limiting Transfer Athletes' Waiver Eligibility

We just got screwed again...[/QUOTE]
Tennessee will likely get the shaft here as NCAA falls over itself again. This language in the 2018 ruling opened a can of worms: "documented mitigating circumstances outside of the student-athlete's control and directly impacts the health, safety or well-being of the student-athlete." Attorneys have been lining up ever since.

I wasn't concerned about us getting screwed when we thought it was just 100% possible, now that it's reached 1,000%, I'm beginning to worry.
When the probability gets up to near 1000%, I consider it as likely as it gets, like the time Beattie Feathers was posting on here.

When will the power 5 leave the NCAA? There is really no reason for us to stay. The NCAA has been a hot mess for a long time and has never really been about "What is best for the student athlete" The NCAA is out for what is best for the most influential schools at the time.
Do you thin if Notre Dame or TOSU wanted to get a transfer in it would be denied? He77 no, they have too many fans and too much money. It really is sad what the NCAA has become.

VN Store

Back