Beer!

Likely won’t be available by seasons start but could be available mid season. Apparently UT wants to educate the student about beer and doesn’t feel it can do it in the 10 days classes start before season.

Reactions: RollerVol
I would be surprised if beer wasn't available for the first home basketball exhibition considering the goal is to have beer sold at the Alice Cooper concert on August 3rd, but what VFLCodyGBO says about educating the student body is interesting. I was under the impression that UT would want the extra revenue for football this season, but I would envision it as an all-or-nothing kind of deal wherein it's available on August 31st or not until the 2020 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh and RollerVol
"In response, Aramark stated they won’t sell any alcohol to intoxicated patrons and claims there will be designated driver programs and incentives for ride sharing following the conclusion of UT games. "

In my experience, when significant profit is an opportunity, such promises from alcohol, tobacco, gambling, prostitution, drug (illicit or pharmaceutical), or any other vice sellers are as meaningless as a handful of dirt and a pebble from Cess Pool Creek. They may even do this for a while but the lure of profits will see it either gradually or suddenly slip away.

I know my SOCON alma mater is partnering with a local craft brewery for their gameday beer garden. Maybe UTK will get some local flavors.

I just hope it gets approved by BYU game, would truly be a culture shock for them.

I really doubt it. I bet they are like our Baptist brothers in this part of the country and imbibe in dark places or "out of town". The BYU's will be out of town.:rolleyes:

Likely won’t be available by seasons start but could be available mid season. Apparently UT wants to educate the student about beer and doesn’t feel it can do it in the 10 days classes start before season.

I hope your post is "blue font". Otherwise, REALLY, teach an incoming or on campus kid about drinking beer?? Yeah.....

Last edited:
I won't attend another game in the cheap seats. The number of loudmouth drunks in the stands, bathrooms, and on the concourses is already an embarrassment.

I will sit in the old farts section from now on.
Careful,, some of us "old farts" have been drinking beer longer than you have been alive. Not only that I mean way back when beer had some alkie in, not this "near beer" as it was called back in my navy days.

VN Store

Back