The best seat in the house

HooahVol

This is going to be a very subjective thread but is possibly a fun off season topic. In your opinion, if someone were going to give you any seat you wanted in Neyland, which would you choose? Lets rule out the box seats because that is too obvious. You would think 50 yard line as close as possible to the field but I have had the pleasure of sitting there before and it was not the panacea I expected. I could not really see all the action and it was difficult to see if the player crossed the goal line. For me front row upper decks CC/DD/UU or TT is the sweet spot. The game unfolds before you just like you are watching it on a jumbotron television.

Although, truth be told, if I was sincerely picking a spot it would most likely be one with some shade. It gets pretty dang hot in that place sometimes, especially upper deck east side. I have roasted my nuts off up there before.

Reactions: savannahfan
This is going to be a very subjective thread but is possibly a fun off season topic. In your opinion, if someone were going to give you any seat you wanted in Neyland, which would you choose? Lets rule out the box seats because that is too obvious. You would think 50 yard line as close as possible to the field but I have had the pleasure of sitting there before and it was not the panacea I expected. I could not really see all the action and it was difficult to see if the player crossed the goal line. For me front row upper decks CC/DD/UU or TT is the sweet spot. The game unfolds before you just like you are watching it on a jumbotron television.

Although, truth be told, if I was sincerely picking a spot it would most likely be one with some shade. It gets pretty dang hot in that place sometimes, especially upper deck east side. I have roasted my nuts off up there before.

You hit the nail on the head. DD I believe it is, right at the 50, first row. Perfect field view, plenty of leg room. Just hot as hell.

Reactions: WeNeedaQB
Up pretty high (preferable west side) 30-40 yard line either side of the 50. I do really like the upper deck (so. end) toward center of the field. I can really see plays develop from there. (may be from watching so many games on TV over the years) Sat behind (sorta in) the band one game. For the "real" excitement of "participating" in the "game experience" and not really watching/studying the game, that is the place.

Whenever I buy tickets if they're for games before late October I generally buy them under the shade but after that I generally move further down

Reactions: McDad
I've often wondered how much it would cost to get a lazy boy put in the corner of the end zone.

You know, some professional stadiums do that. If we continue with 90% average percentage of capacity (last season's statistic according to 24/7) we have some space to get creative. Maybe do some fan reward system where you randomly pick fans to sit in the comfy corner or whatever you want to call it.

I always liked the seats in the corner right under the over hang with the good view of the Jumbotron. You get the tv to see the replay the Jumbotron for all the cool videos and your high enough to see the play develop.

You should not bring outside food sources into the stadium! There are plenty of concessions available. Peanuts should be available to purchase.

Was in DD row 1 for the UCLA game in the early 90’s. Great seats, but I am not sure my body temp has yet cooled down to normal.
Yeah... Great view over there, but I don't want to sit there until November. If rather be over in U or T on the other side.

Reactions: JacketVol
I always liked the seats in the corner right under the over hang with the good view of the Jumbotron. You get the tv to see the replay the Jumbotron for all the cool videos and your high enough to see the play develop.

I have sat in Z11 row 48 for 20 years. It's under cover, unobstructed view of the jumbo tron, TV monitor in front of you and most importantly I love watching the schemes on defense and the holes open up on offense. It's almost like getting to watch a chess match in my opinion.

Reactions: savannahfan
we gave up our seats in section T Row 11 last year due to cost. But if money was no object, I would go back to Section U or T in a heartbeat. Gets shaded very early...we enjoyed being able to be that close to the sideline and we could see very well...

I wouldn’t choose box seats of any kind. Section U/T ~ Row 30
Right on. High enough to see the field from the 50ish but close enough to see the players' faces. Jumbotron's more of an addition than it is a necessity. Also, the cheerleaders are easier to watch.

Roasted nuts..Scratch em and keep moving.

If possible I will always try to sit in the first row above any of the lower level tunnels from the concourse. Not too close, not too far, but most importantly there is no chance of that guy who stands for 4 straight hours directly in front of me.

VN Store

Back