Tennessee Football: Schedule Analysis & Record Projections

Pretty fair analysis, I think. I think we steal a game, somewhere, and then give one away somewhere(Youth). But, 6-6 or 7-5.

Reactions: dduncan4163
There’s no reason why Tennessee can’t beat Missouri. Coming off that kind of back to back stretch the tigers will be beat up and the Vols come off a bye.

With a little luck here or there Tennessee can get to 8-4

F990A003-000C-44BE-9EF6-6D26A3249CDA.png

Dropping a 4 game stretch you can make a case for them to go undefeated to close out the season.

Reactions: dduncan4163
A reasonable analysis. I think the key will be the first BYE week. We will know more about the heart of the team by then and can decide if a bowl berth is likely or how high that berth might be. 2-2 at that point would be concerning. Anything less would be scary. 3-1 would be promising and 4-0 would be exciting.
GO BIG ORANGE!

A reasonable analysis. I think the key will be the first BYE week. We will know more about the heart of the team by then and can decide if a bowl berth is likely or how high that berth might be. 2-2 at that point would be concerning. Anything less would be scary. 3-1 would be promising and 4-0 would be exciting.
GO BIG ORANGE!
Agreed, that was a fair analysis in the vid.

If we are 4-0 after the first bye week we will be in the top 25 and Neyland will be a madhouse for the Georgia game. I like this option.

But I expect we will be 3-1 with blowouts over the two cupcakes, a sorta close win over BYU, and a loss in the Swamp. How the rest of the season goes depends on the Florida game imo. If we keep it competitive until late in the fourth, then I could see 7 or even 8 wins if we have a little luck. If we get blown out again then I think a 5 or 6 win season is more likely.

I think any prediction from 5 to 7 wins is reasonable. Just too many unknowns with this team on the OL/DL line.

I don't think 8-4 is unrealistic at all. I 100% believe they will be bigger, faster, tougher and stronger both physically and mentally. The mental aspect is underrated in my opinion, coach Pruitt has admitted that he was too busy with other things within the program to build the type of relationships with the players that he wanted. The opportunity to bond and instill his confidence and values is going to pay big dividends.

One wrong snap, JG goes down, and we could be looking at another 4 or 5 win season. Depth is very thin at QB.

One of the biggest issues with your starting QB having to play 60 minutes of every game. Can't take advantage of the redshirt rules and get your young QBs some actual game time, and it becomes a multi-year rolling problem until you have a QB that can break the cycle.

Reactions: Jack Burton
One of the biggest issues with your starting QB having to play 60 minutes of every game. Can't take advantage of the redshirt rules and get your young QBs some actual game time, and it becomes a multi-year rolling problem until you have a QB that can break the cycle.

Yep. I’m hoping we get decent leads this year so Maurer and Shrout get some game time.

I’m concerned about JGs health but I think he’ll be better protected/schemed vs last year.

I'd take 7-5 right now and not complain a bit. This is a very generous forecast of the schedule.

If UT goes 5-7 this year, we have the wrong guy.

Pretty dumb statement. Nobody flios a roster in 1 yr and if they do they'll be playing a predominantly young team. A young team usually doesn't compete til yr 3. Some of yawl have really silly expectations. UT is still playing catch up

VN Store

Back