Tennessee won't finish 5th in East

Dang, I was really digging this until the writer ran out of steam. What is up with these articles nowadays where they throw out some sizzle and forget to follow up with the meat?

Yeah, he could have mentioned the # of returning starters, emphasis on S&C, #12 recruiting class with more of "his" players on the team to fit "his" scheme, easily Top 5 Coaching staff, demanding more from players and the relatively easy schedule (by Tennessee standards).

Why do you think they won’t finish 5th? I think that if they try real hard and if they get some breaks they can definitely finish 5th in the East. Guess I’m a glass half full kinda guy.

So the article says we won’t finish fifth...but fourth. Wow talk about sticking your neck out!

I want to see how they play the first couple of games. Are they stronger up the middle on defense and offense? Do they execute consistently? Do they play clean and demonstrate discipline? If so, I agree. In the past, we didn’t always win the early games that we should at a level able to compete with most SEC teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
This is why we won't be 5th. Plus this will be the most unusual season in UT history. The plays, even the defensive plays, and some of the strangest twists and turns during games we've ever seen. It's going to be weirdly wonderful but definitely weird.
Jeremy Pruitt: We’re headed in the right direction and we’re headed there in a hurry. #Vols #SECMD19
— Marshall Hughes (@marshallhughes) July 16, 2019

I want to see how they play the first couple of games. Are they stronger up the middle on defense and offense? Do they execute consistently? Do they play clean and demonstrate discipline? If so, I agree. In the past, we didn’t always win the early games that we should at a level able to compete with most SEC teams.

I agree and think after BYU things will be more clear. If BYU beats us could end 5-7 if we win in a close one 6-6 if we win going away 7-5 or maybe even better. After that game, momentum , buying in as a team and staying virtually injury free could pay dividends.

If I had to guess I would say 3rd behind Florida and Georgia.

But I also don't get the Mizzou hype train whatsoever. I think they are gonna be trash.

I think we will finish 3rd in the east. But, what do I know. If I could see in to the future I would pick the winning lottery numbers.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back