‘05 Cotton Bowl. VOLS massacre A&M

I actually watched some of this for the heck of it.

For all the “Fulmer got complacent and lost that fire in the belly” talk, there is a hell of a lot more physical talent on display than there is with the current team.

It’s not close

They weren't very good, but would nonetheless have definitely worked us over the last 2 years.

Oddly enough, this was the first game I remember watching as a Vols fan (8 or so at the time).

This was a fun one for sure!

Oddly enough, I was pretty close to your current age during this game (22)and coming off an all timer of a New Years Eve bash at the Peabody Hotel. Needless to say, I slept through most of the first half and had to catch a cab back to Collierville to my buddies parents house in quite the walk of shame.

What a helluva way to ring in the new year. Vols win and I win.
97F27C76-BCCF-4394-9557-EAE6B8D0F27F.gif97F27C76-BCCF-4394-9557-EAE6B8D0F27F.gif

For all the “Fulmer got complacent and lost that fire in the belly” talk, there is a hell of a lot more physical talent on display than there is with the current team.

It’s not close

Well yeah, Fulmer had great teams. When you have John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth together for example, as your DT’s, that’s about as good as it gets.

I remember my friend from Texas calling me from a Nevada, I was visiting my father for the holidays, and yelling “Don’t day one word.” It was already 21-0 when I turned it on.

Two plays in and I have already seen the famous Randy Sanders pitch play. god I hated that play.

I was there with some in-law family that were A&M grads. GREAT day for me. I was SO glad to shut all that "whoopin and hoopin" **** up, I didnt know what to do.

Reactions: Evergrenevol

It’s not close
You know what they say about hindsight. If we knew then what we know now Fulmer would probably be the HC. Crazy to think if Ainge didnt get injured we could have had a great season in 05 and that could have easily bought Fulmer more time. Is what it is

VN Store

Back