Good read about UT being picked 5th in the East

As I read the end of that article, the one thing that comes to mind and has been constant for me since last year is that Mississippi State is not going to be at the level they were when they had Mullen. Primarily, Mullen and Prescott. I think they are going to go back to being the old MSU and I think the same for Ole Miss. Therefore, they are the Wests version of our Ky and Vandy. They may have a run every three decades or so but should be counted as wins from here on out.

Reactions: MoodyVol
As I read the end of that article, the one thing that comes to mind and has been constant for me since last year is that Mississippi State is not going to be at the level they were when they had Mullen. Primarily, Mullen and Prescott. I think they are going to go back to being the old MSU and I think the same for Ole Miss. Therefore, they are the Wests version of our Ky and Vandy. They may have a run every three decades or so but should be counted as wins from here on out.

While I agree after this season. Unfortunately, UT and UK or USC is the Ole Miss or Arkansas of the SEC West right now, not Vandy. MSU will be pretty good for a couple of more years before Arkansas makes a move to put them down at the bottom with Ole Miss. Vandy has owned UT the last 6 seasons! I never thought I would live long enough to see that happen and hope I never see it again the next 40+ years!!!

Reactions: MoodyVol

In my life time, which goes back a ways, Ole Miss ans Miss St have always been tough for UT. Not to say we don't beat them more than we lose, but very tough. To my way of thinking, a good bit tougher than UK and Vandy.

I don’t see the Vols finishing 5th. I would say 3rd or 4th. Expect to be better this season but 3rd is about the ceiling IMO.

VN Store

Back