Jauan Jennings will lead

Lane Train 4

No way I will count this team out in any game this season. With an alpha dog like Jauan Jennings in his final season leading this team, we are in for a special season. He plays like a complete psychopath and I love him for that. As a fan how could you ever not believe with a guy like this on the roster? Sure he will most likely cost us a 15 yard personal foul every game but he's worth every single yard. In fact, I enjoyed the personal foul going against Jennings when he placed the football on the chest of the South Carolina DB he had just scored on, hilarious!
Thanks Jauan for the amazing memories! I look forward watching you lead this team. Here's to clinching the east with big wins over Florida and Georgia, Go Vols!!!!!

Last edited:
No way I will count this team out in any game this season. With an alpha dog like Jauan Jennings in his final season leading this team, we are in for a special season. He plays like a complete psychopath and I love him for that. As a fan how could you ever not believe with a guy like this on the roster? Sure he will most likely cost us a 15 yard personal foul every game but he's worth every single yard. In fact, I enjoyed the personal foul going against us was when Jennings placed the football on the chest of the South Carolina DB he had just scored on, hilarious!
Thanks Jauan for the amazing memories! I look forward watching you lead this team. Here's to clinching the east with big wins over Florida and Georgia, Go Vols!!!!!

I'm confused. How many unsportsmanlike penalties has JJ had? I can't remember one,

Glad he’s back on the team but he can’t do it himself, as evidenced by the past 4 seasons.

I'm confused. How many unsportsmanlike penalties has JJ had? I can't remember one,
The reason I think he will get one every game this season is due to a new rule. You can no longer lay a hard block from a defenders blind side you have to now just get in their way and change their persuit angle. I can't imagine him pulling up when faced with opportunity to obliterate someone.

Reactions: lynnh and Remy
No way I will count this team out in any game this season. With an alpha dog like Jauan Jennings in his final season leading this team, we are in for a special season. He plays like a complete psychopath and I love him for that. As a fan how could you ever not believe with a guy like this on the roster? Sure he will most likely cost us a 15 yard personal foul every game but he's worth every single yard. In fact, I enjoyed the personal foul going against us was when Jennings placed the football on the chest of the South Carolina DB he had just scored on, hilarious!

wish we had 21 more with his attitude, but he does need to watch the unsportsmanlike penalties. Those really hurt us at times, and may well have cost the game against Junior last year.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
wish we had 21 more with his attitude, but he does need to watch the unsportsmanlike penalties. Those really hurt us at times, and may well have cost the game against Junior last year.
That blown call after we recovered the fumble on the goal line is what cost us. The usportmanlike penalty against Callaway hurt too. At least we still got the field goal on that series but could have been a TD on that drive.

J
The Dog will return this season. Bet on that

Let’s hope some of the young pups can learn and be inspired by the play of “The Dog”
Because the future belongs to the young Dogs
Go Vols

Agree with everything except the “he will most likely cost us a 15 yard foul every game”.....he’s played well over 30 games in his career thus far and has what, maybe 2-3 15 yard personal foul penalties?

He’s an alpha dog and excellent emotional leader and I’m glad he’s on our side.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The reason I think he will get one every game this season is due to a new rule. You can no longer lay a hard block from a defenders blind side you have to now just get in their way and change their persuit angle. I can't imagine him pulling up when faced with opportunity to obliterate someone.
I can imagine it.

One of the best we’ve had in terms of sheer will to win and fight to compete. I wish we had more like him.

I worry about his knee though. VQ mentioned they’ll have to monitor it closely all season.

All great teams have true leaders amongst the players.

Here’s hoping we have a few on this year’s team

JJ is a leader!

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Obligatory reply because look at my username:

Some people forget that JJ had 40 receptions and 7 touchdowns in 2016. The guy is a baller. I just hope his injuries don’t prohibit him from that kind of production again.

No way I will count this team out in any game this season. With an alpha dog like Jauan Jennings in his final season leading this team, we are in for a special season. He plays like a complete psychopath and I love him for that. As a fan how could you ever not believe with a guy like this on the roster? Sure he will most likely cost us a 15 yard personal foul every game but he's worth every single yard. In fact, I enjoyed the personal foul going against Jennings when he placed the football on the chest of the South Carolina DB he had just scored on, hilarious!
Don't care how many Jauan's we have, we won't be competitive against Bama and likely UGA.

Don't care how many Jauan's we have, we won't be competitive against Bama and likely UGA.
Unfortunately you are right. Unless one of them totally lays an egg we’ve got little chance. I’ll be happy to stay within two scores. Not being intentionally negative, just realistic.

Reactions: Bigun

I understand the odds are likely we won't win those games but competitive? I'm not one for moral victories, but how are you defining competitive?

I understand the odds are likely we won't win those games but competitive? I'm not one for moral victories, but how are you defining competitive?
See the scores of the last few Bama and UGA games. Not sure we lose to UGA by 4 TD's like last year, but don't think the game will be in doubt. Bama will be another 5-6 TD loss.

VN Store

Back