Vols Land 3 on 247 Preseason Frosh AA Team

Atlanta917

SIAP

OL – Wanya Morris, Tennessee (No. 28, No. 6 OT)

Tennessee desperately needed help on the offensive line so Morris enrolled early, lived up to his five-star billing and now looks poised to lock down the starting left tackle job on a team that is trying to reassert itself on the line of scrimmage.

LB – Henry To'oto'o, Tennessee (No. 44, No. 3 OLB)

Tennessee needed help at linebacker. It recruited one of the highest ranked linebackers in the class out of California. He’s playing like one of the best linebackers in the class. That’s how you want recruiting to work and in the case of To’oto’o, Tennessee appears to have hit it out of the park and found an instant starter.

CB – Warren Burrell, Tennessee (No. 527, No. 51 CB)

The 2019 recruiting class was supposed to fill a lot of holes for Tennessee but cornerback was not one of those holes. Burrell looks poised to beat out one of two cornerbacks that were quality starters last year as true freshmen because he’s just been too good to sit.

"Vols Land 3 on 247 Preseason Frosh AA Team"

Wait, is this from an article, or is this your list?

Not saying I don't agree, but I doubt any national-level publication would know that Burrell has such potential - coming in as a 3* and all.

"Vols Land 3 on 247 Preseason Frosh AA Team"

Wait, is this from an article, or is this your list?

Not saying I don't agree, but I doubt any national-level publication would know that Burrell has such potential - coming in as a 3* and all.

3 star. Don't want.

Reactions: LittleVol
Warren isn't beating out either starter at corner.

Not so sure about that.
Alontae Taylor may used at the STAR.

Warren Burrell was a top 5 CB on Pruitt's board in 2019. A Taylor has literally only played one year of CB.

Taylor would still get the same amount of minutes, maybe more because Pruitt could use him all over the secondary if Burrell can be a lockdown Corner....

Warren isn't beating out either starter at corner.
That's what I keep trying to roll around in my head until I come up with an answer. How can he beat Thompson or Taylor for a starting position? I'm sorry, but I don't believe so. That doesn't mean he isn't a very close second and an amazing backup, for the time being.

This kind of stuff sucks donkey balls.

Not one of these guys has played a down.

I hope they are studs, but c'mon. I hope the OP didn't pay anything for the article

Nice, but sort of meaningless to have anyone on a Freshman All-American team before a single game has been played.

Not so sure about that.
Alontae Taylor may used at the STAR.

Warren Burrell was a top 5 CB on Pruitt's board in 2019. A Taylor has literally only played one year of CB.

Taylor would still get the same amount of minutes, maybe more because Pruitt could use him all over the secondary if Burrell can be a lockdown Corner....
Taylor is one of the top 5 players on this team. I've got no problem with Burrell, I think it's a huge compliment he's considered as talented as our current 2 but he won't take away minutes from Taylor or Thompson, he'll back both of them up and be the 5th or 6th guy in passing situations. Lots to be excited about in the back 7 for the future. I think Taylor may get to play some WR his Jr year as well. He's arguably the best athlete on the team.

VN Store

Back