I am a “Pull for your conference” SEC homer, but I’m cheering for Miami today

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
As an SEC homer, it goes:

-What’s good for Tennessee comes first.

-What’s good for the SEC in general comes second.

We need Miami to win this one. Florida does NOT need to see long term success under Mullen if we want to compete for the East in the near future. There is dissension right now at Florida, kicking off their season with a loss to Miami could send them into a downward spiral.

So even if you’re an SEC homer like me, cheer for Miami today. It’s better for Tennessee in the long run.

Why would any Tennessee fan go for Florida or alabama.....ever?......gross

Because they are SEC fans, like me.

And before we start down this path, there is validity to either side of the argument. The optimal situation lies somewhere in between.

-No you should not “Hope every SEC team besides Tennessee loses every game and goes to hell! Yeeee Haw!!” That’s dumb. You don’t want to be UCF.

-You should also NOT want the entire SEC to be Top 25, that makes for too difficult of a schedule.

-You SHOULD want to be about where Ohio State is. Your conference is weak, but relevant enough that blazing through the conference will still get you in the playoffs.

We need Miami to win this one. Florida does NOT need to see long term success under Mullen if we want to compete for the East in the near future. There is dissension right now at Florida, kicking off their season with a loss to Miami could send them into a downward spiral.

So even if you’re an SEC homer like me, cheer for Miami today. It’s better for Tennessee in the long run.

The effect of the UF- Miami game tonight on Tennessee's success a few years from now is zero. Less than that, maybe. You should be rooting for the SEC.

Agree

Ready to settle in and watch some ball today. This has to be the most exciting time of the year!

**** Florida
tenor.gif

Most here know I have some love for the Seminoles. So with that being said, I'm hoping for a mini-hurricane to blow through Orlando and cancel the game so neither one of those degenerate programs get credit for a win.

screw the rest of the SEC and ACC..........especially UF and Miami

I don't follow this logic. A Florida loss to a non-conference foe makes a UT loss to the gators look even worse. On the other hand, a Vols win over the gators unbeaten in non-conference looks even better.
Its easy.

If we lose to Florida, I don't really give a crap how their loss to Miami makes us look. At All.

I really don't care for any help from the gators in any way except if it means getting to Atlanta. If we are in Atlanta and win there, Florida and what Florida does and has done is irrelevant.

The effect of the UF- Miami game tonight on Tennessee's success a few years from now is zero. Less than that, maybe. You should be rooting for the SEC.

This is simply wrong. Miami challenges UF for recruits. Every top recruit that chooses Miami over UF benefits us if only slightly. You're still gonna get top tier recruits but losing a few you wanted to Miami helps us.

VN Store

Back