Band question

GTBATV

Someone had a post this week about the band uniforms in Florida and a little controversy over if they should wear the shirts or the uniforms. Unfortunately, I can't find that thread.

I noticed yesterday that when they sat down, they took their inform jackets off and had the bully shirts underneath. Is this what the plan is for Florida or are they marching in the bully shirts?

Reactions: savannahfan
Our little Chancellorette decided on her own that the band should wear the tshirts INSTEAD of the unis on the field. The band said hell no. At some point, from reports, she threatened the band director's job if they didn't comply. It was a media report so treat it accordingly. They compromised and the band wore the shirts under the jackets and then took off the jackets in the stands.

Our little Chancellorette decided on her own that the band should wear the tshirts INSTEAD of the unis on the field. The band said hell no. At some point, from reports, she threatened the band director's job if they didn't comply. It was a media report so treat it accordingly. They compromised and the band wore the shirts under the jackets and then took off the jackets in the stands.

If what you say is true, then it was a good comprise.
I also wondered where the thread that was on the board earlier this week disappeared to.
As for the shirt great idea and really good publicity.

The outfits the band wears will not affect the outcome of the Florida game.

Let the band wear whatever makes them most comfortable.

Reactions: onevol74
They are 1-0 with the shirts. It will be 100 degrees in gainesville.

Wear the shirts

this...wearing wool jackets in that kind of heat and direct sun is beyond stupid. It will result in more of them falling out like you saw game 1 in Knoxville this year....4 years ago about 12 of them had to receive medical attention and hydration because some moron decided it was more important to look traditional than apply common sense.

Reactions: RollerVol
If what you say is true, then it was a good comprise.
I also wondered where the thread that was on the board earlier this week disappeared to.
As for the shirt great idea and really good publicity.
I think what you are looking for is in "The Pub" forum here on this website.

Someone had a post this week about the band uniforms in Florida and a little controversy over if they should wear the shirts or the uniforms. Unfortunately, I can't find that thread.

I noticed yesterday that when they sat down, they took their inform jackets off and had the bully shirts underneath. Is this what the plan is for Florida or are they marching in the bully shirts?
The band members had a lot of heat related issues during the first game in the hot afternoon sun. Not all band members are in the same physical condition as the football team. With their heavy black unkforms, I am surprised that one one member passed out. During those weather conditions, I would suggest that they play in the bulling Tees until weather conditions cool a bit.

VN Store

Back