Jeremy Banks now has 2 career INT"s

Ty4Vols

Assistant Superintendent, Dorchester
So does Nigel Warrior....

Banks a converted RB who plays LB and doesn't start has as many INT's in his career as Warrior who has started and played in now 38 (or so) games and is in his 4th year. Before anyone says but Banks did that versus a high school team please note Warrior got his 2nd career INT in the same game.

I truly believe NW and JG (both on the team for 4 years) are what's wrong with the current Vols team. Neither show up and play with a high football IQ during big games or key moments. Just my opinion but both should be leaders on the field in execution and emotion. At this point in their careers they should be difference makers in wins not difference makers in losses. Not saying they are the only reason for losses over the years but neither has shown a propensity to be the reason for a win.

Once the Vols get playmakers/leaders as upperclassmen and not practice heros the corner can be turned and in my opinion this is when we the fans can be honestly optimistic again about any and every game being a W.

Back to Banks, he is coming along nicely. He has some work to do but he brings energy and enthusiasm to the game that fuels the team. Nice to see him play his heart out for the Big Orange!

We need upgrades at S and QB, but your statement about them being what’s wrong with the team is over the top.

I won't argue, as I said it's just my opinion. They both come off as great young men and good representatives of the quality of men that should represent Tennessee.

To clarify my word choice of "what's wrong", I do not see either as the type of player on the field to make game winning plays. They both have incredible athleticism however I do not see it turn into positive results that help out the team when they are granted the opportunity to make such plays at key moments. I may be wrong, so please let me know if I am, but I cannot think of a single time the Vols needed a big play from either and the opportunity arose for such play and they delivered in that clutch defining moment.

I'm open to changing my opinion if you can refresh my brain of when either "won" a game for the team. If I'm blinded by "BVS" please point me back into the right direction!

They need to find a place for Banks and stop shuffling him like he's an offensive lineman. He's displayed fire and passion whether he's running the ball or taking it away from the other team.

It’s nice to see our backers looking back at the qb instead of playing with our backs to the qb

They need to find a place for Banks and stop shuffling him like he's an offensive lineman. He's displayed fire and passion whether he's running the ball or taking it away from the other team.

I agree....Now a question.....do you think Banks enjoys playing linebacker....I watched his second interception i think it was and he never seem excited at all in the picture....I don't know...just asking if anyone noticed...I'm not sure he is happy in the position...just wondering...could just be wrong assumption

I would like to see him morph into a rover/monster back. He is big enough to play as a linebacker but has the speed to cover tight ends and drop into coverage. he is a natural ball hawk.

Awhile back I did finally accept the idea that Warrior will never really do anything. He does seem lost when the bullets fly.
2nd reply....go back and watch him in the last game at the long pass play from the BYU QB....the kid just over ran the receiver after he caught the ball..no way he should have missed the play...its like he has his head down or something and never sees the guy he's trying to hit....

2nd reply....go back and watch him in the last game at the long pass play from the BYU QB....the kid just over ran the receiver after he caught the ball..no way he should have missed the play...its like he has his head down or something and never sees the guy he's trying to hit....

Yep. I know.

What he did there completely does not match his athletic ability. So confusing. He should have stuck that kid in the ground and left BYU with one Hail Mary play.

Yeah against UTC. We don’t tend to set records against FCS schools. Barnett’s our career sacks leader, and I don’t recall him ever registering one against a scheduled cupcake. Banks was impressive becuz you still have to flash hand/eye coordination and hands period. Might be the spark Warrior needs to play up to his athletic level.

VN Store

Back