So is Pruitt a great coach again?

I've yet to see a post saying he's a "great coach". He's learning just like his young recruits are learning. As they all mature and grow, I'm expecting things to continually improve. I'm not expecting him to morph into Lombardi overnight. Same for the players. I also don't expect a winning season or bowl game. I have one expectation. Week to week improvement and we end the season a much better team than when we started the year.

Pruitt wasn't a terrible coach because he lost two games. Obviously that's not good, but everyone loses games they should win. This win doesn't somehow turn him into a great coach. It does hopefully give our team some confidence going into our biggest game so far this year. I do like how much they've improved from the first game. They're playing smarter, faster, having less mistakes. We just have to keep getting better.

When was he ever not a great coach? Per some on here, JG is some diabolical waste of talent that takes all of the superior coaching from our staff and turns it into **** because he was recruited by Butch, and that is the ONLY reason we aren’t 3-0.

Me, I think it’s a combination of a lot of player talent being wasted, partly because of some **** coaching from the previous staff and current one, and partly because of a lack of ‘want to’ in some of those players.

Just trying to keep up with yall.
Just trying to keep up with yall.
Not saying he’s a good coach cause of one game. I do see some pieces that he has out there that are going to be very good down the road for us. Regardless of who we have played or what others think , our O line has looked the best it has in years , now that’s not saying a lot considering how bad it’s been . However , as young as they are it’s certainly an uplifting sign . Pruitts coaching ability idk , but if he can bring in a couple more really solid classes he won’t have to be the greatest coach that ever lived to get some wins . I’ve always wondered how good of a coach Saban is he has the best players in the country at every position he’s a great recruiter great developer and could be great at x and o’s but he’s so good at the other two we seldom have to see him make a crucial call in a big game

I've yet to see a post saying he's a "great coach". He's learning just like his young recruits are learning. As they all mature and grow, I'm expecting things to continually improve. I'm not expecting him to morph into Lombardi overnight. Same for the players. I also don't expect a winning season or bowl game. I have one expectation. Week to week improvement and we end the season a much better team than when we started the year.

On the job training then? Sure would be nice if we hired someone who actually had experience in the job requirements. I think this is a pretty common hiring practice especially considering this person is the highest paid employee in the state, including the governor.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Not yet. UTC was a high school team. It really should’ve been 63 or 70-0
I understand what your saying about the score but he has to get more of the non starters as much available game time possible to build some depth.

Edit: There definitely should’ve been an abundance of that in the GS game. BYU, not so much. They appear to be a solid team.

To be fair, it could have been whatever we wanted to score, but we got a lot of young guys a pretty significant amount of reps early on. That should pay dividends later.
I agree got play a lot players, I would rather do that than keep starters in game to pad stats,

VN Store

Back