Takes time to build a program.

GetEmVols

Probably has been said millions of times, but I think it needs to be said a million and 1 times.

Where would Kentucky be if they fired Stoops after year 3?

It’s sad we have to compare ourselves to Kentucky but I would argue that Pruitt took over as much of a dumpster fire as Stoops did. It’s the state of the program. Not Pruitt’s fault. Only thing he did was risk his reputation to try and a broken program.

Attachments

• 93FD9288-BD9F-4BA8-B46D-18CD2AA0250E.jpeg
    93FD9288-BD9F-4BA8-B46D-18CD2AA0250E.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 67
Probably has been said millions of times, but I think it needs to be said a million and 1 times.

It’s sad we have to compare ourselves to Kentucky but I would argue that Pruitt took over as much of a dumpster fire as Stoops did. It’s the state of the program. Not Pruitt’s fault. Only thing he did was risk his reputation to try and a broken program.

Kentucky is 38-40 after 6 years plus.

No thanks

No Dooley was given plenty of time. If Pruitt goes backwards for 4 years than he will be fired as well. 1 season though? Cmon.
I have never called for Pruitt to be fired. Dooley was given 3 years. And really only had two full recruiting classes. We should bring him back to finish up.

Edit: As a matter of fact, I have specifically said on this message board that Pruitt should not be fired.

And he had a 3 game win improvement in his second year. Get back with us when and if Pruitt wins 8 this year.

Reactions: Titan05
I have never called for Pruitt to be fired. Dooley was given 3 years. And really only had two full recruiting classes. We should bring him back to finish up.
Derek Dooley went
6-7, 5-7, then 4-7. He had NFL talent too. If Pruitt goes 5 wins to 4 wins then to 3 wins then yes he will be fired.

My expectations for Pruitt:
2018 - 5 wins
2019 - 4 wins
2020 - 6 wins
2021 - 8 wins
2022 - 8 wins+

Did you happen to notice the improvement over year one and two with MS?

We havent improved, actually we look worse.

Lastly, I cant understand the repeated threads trying to get people to change their opinion on Pruitt. It's a simple concept. First, none of us hold any influence over that decision. Secondly, most people on here that dont care for Pruitt, base that decision in the way the vols have played and nothing, no a single comparison to an outside program will change anyones mind. The single factor that will change people's minds is better play on the field and winning football games. (For those that think like me, please feel free to correct me if I misrepresented you)

Kentucky is 38-40 after 6 years plus.

No thanks
Pruitt won't be given 6 years, but as you can see it takes time to show improvement.
And he had a 3 game win improvement in his second year. Get back with us when and if Pruitt wins 8 this year.
Uh Stoops had 2 wins his first year. Can't punish Pruitt for overachieving his first year with this "talent" Be happy with 5 because it is unlikely he can do it this year.

Lol! Where would Kentucky be? Choking a game against Florida this year? Never realistically having a shot at the east ever. If Pruitt pulls what stoops did last night Saturday in the swamp this place will burn down. Pruitt beat stoops best team last year with one of our worst.

Who knows if Pruitt is the man, he’s certainly created a harder climb so far this year. But stoops has at least recruiting bodies on the line. If we had a serviceable defensive line this team could get to a bowl. But seriously you want stoops?

Did you happen to notice the improvement over year one and two with MS?

We havent improved, actually we look worse.

Lastly, I cant understand the repeated threads trying to get people to change their opinion on Pruitt. It's a simple concept. First, none of us hold any influence over that decision. Secondly, most people on here that dont care for Pruitt, base that decision in the way the vols have played and nothing, no a single comparison to an outside program will change anyones mind. The single factor that will change people's minds is better play on the field and winning football games. (For those that think like me, please feel free to correct me if I misrepresented you)
It's going to take wins and losses to change our minds of course. He is my football coach and I am going to support until year 3 though. I turned on Butch and Dooley because of his dumbass calls on the field. Pruitt hasn't made any calls on the field that I have really questioned so far.

Derek Dooley went
6-7, 5-7, then 4-7. He had NFL talent too. If Pruitt goes 5 wins to 4 wins then to 3 wins then yes he will be fired.

My expectations for Pruitt:
2018 - 5 wins
2019 - 4 wins
2020 - 6 wins
2021 - 8 wins
2022 - 8 wins+

I think that was a huge improvement in UK football. Fans were happy with it.

Pruitt won't be given 6 years, but as you can see it takes time to show improvement.

Uh Stoops had 2 wins his first year. Can't punish Pruitt for overachieving his first year with this "talent" Be happy with 5 because it is unlikely he can do it this year.

His team showed improvement from year 1 to year 2 while Pruitt’s team has not.

Reactions: Titan05

Y’all are lost on this win total. Improvement and recruiting are the key. If you’re not improving it’ll never get better. Butch could have done it if he were a decent coach. Win totals mean nothing unless you win championships. Culture and coaching need to change and we need stud recruits.

Using this thought process, Derek Dooley should still be the coach at Tennessee.
Here’s a thought ,I think we ought to put in our contracts we can demote, because what if we demoted Dooley to the OC instead of buying him out so he can then go and rip us apart at Missouri, lol

He’s fair game right now.

A great coach once said “I’ll take mine and beat yours and I’ll take yours and beat mine”.
All I’m saying is I’m willing to give time, I really am , but how much time do you need to beat Ga state? I just want to beat the teams we should , I can wait to beat the teams we shouldn’t

Reactions: jtdavis
Y’all are lost on this win total. Improvement and recruiting are the key. If you’re not improving it’ll never get better. Butch could have done it if he were a decent coach. Win totals mean nothing unless you win championships. Culture and coaching need to change and we need stud recruits.

No i’m lost on how a coach in his second year gets embarrassed at home by Georgia State and BYU.

There hasn’t been any improvement from years 1 to 2 in fact the team has regressed.

I’m seeing some of the same culture from Lyle’s teams and the same boneheaded coaching decisions.

Pruitt’s recruiting classes have been ranked 20th, 12th, and the current class is ranked 25th.

By your grading scale Pruitt has all F’s.

Reactions: Titan05 and Alto1
You have to have a foundation. Then he better call for a load of blocks, he doesn't have time for bricks.

VN Store

Back