Daniel Bituli controlling the defense

I expect him to have a huge game against Florida. Florida really struggled running against Kentucky. I dont think their running back is good. If our defensive line doesnt get blown off the wall I take our linebackers in that matchup on first and second downs.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I don't know if To'o To'o can fill BT's leadership role, but he looks like he has a ton of potential.
He’s projecting as a Freshman All-American at a position that requires a lot of thought processing. He wasn’t an EE so he’s doing all this on the fly. Leadership isn’t an issue with him...it’s getting everything down. Gets better each game so after that happens THEN he can start yelling and slapping fannies.

I expect him to have a huge game against Florida. Florida really struggled running against Kentucky. I dont think their running back is good. If our defensive line doesnt get blown off the wall I take our linebackers in that matchup on first and second downs.

Kentucky is a good team...down some players and still should have beat Fla....I'd be 100% surprised if the stretch run worked against Florida....they will bring 8 in the box and dare JG to throw the ball...they will be looking to shut the Vols RB's down all day....No pass completions results in no loosening of their D and the results will be like a Python squeezing its prey.............................

Add to that ...it could be hot hot in Florida with the humidity soaring and our D will wilt from being on the field so long.........

Kentucky is a good team...down some players and still should have beat Fla....I'd be 100% surprised if the stretch run worked against Florida....they will bring 8 in the box and dare JG to throw the ball...they will be looking to shut the Vols RB's down all day....No pass completions results in no loosening of their D and the results will be like a Python squeezing its prey.............................

Add to that ...it could be hot hot in Florida with the humidity soaring and our D will wilt from being on the field so long.........
Florida I'd currently down a handful of DBs. If they stack the box and man up on our receivers that should simplify the game for JG and give our WRs to make plays like they did against Auburn.

Extended forecast shows high of 85 do hopefully that holds. Heat and humidity will highlight our lack of depth if we cant move the ball offensively.

I dont like our chances but I'm not completely hopeless. There are so many ifs that have to happen for us to win that you would be crazy to think we are going to win.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Florida I'd currently down a handful of DBs. If they stack the box and man up on our receivers that should simplify the game for JG and give our WRs to make plays like they did against Auburn.

Extended forecast shows high of 85 do hopefully that holds. Heat and humidity will highlight our lack of depth if we cant move the ball offensively.

I dont like our chances but I'm not completely hopeless. There are so many ifs that have to happen for us to win that you would be crazy to think we are going to win.

We all would be elated with a Auburn type win over Florida....

Bituli is the difference maker on defense, period.

I did like the play where Ignont slapped a couple of DL’s rear ends to move them in to position, and later after the play a UTC lineman pushed him and Ignont slapped the sh!t out of him.
He got a personal foul, but showed some fire! 🔥

I noticed Bituli moving lineman and linebackers around about every play he was in. The defense didn't have that the first two games without him. He is a solid linebacker and leader.
It’s a big difference with him back. He’s the QB on D!

Pray for rain and overcast skies. No they definitely aren't gonna let us run. They're gonna force us to beat them with the pass like every SEC team we face is gonna do because they feel JG can't do it. Worth the gamble. UT needs to pass to set up the run and use some good screen passes that I've yet to see this year. Are we holding something back? I hope that's the case.

Pray for rain and overcast skies. No they definitely aren't gonna let us run. They're gonna force us to beat them with the pass like every SEC team we face is gonna do because they feel JG can't do it. Worth the gamble. UT needs to pass to set up the run and use some good screen passes that I've yet to see this year. Are we holding something back? I hope that's the case.

I thought the same thing about the rain..maybe only chance Tennessee has to win...
Did you see that big ole nose guard KY had...364lb and pushes the O lineman into the Fla backfield all night...dude was good and huge...he'll go pro sometime...
So it isn't that Fla was or is not good its just that the Ky D line is that good...wow

He’s projecting as a Freshman All-American at a position that requires a lot of thought processing. He wasn’t an EE so he’s doing all this on the fly. Leadership isn’t an issue with him...it’s getting everything down. Gets better each game so after that happens THEN he can start yelling and slapping fannies.

I think he will get Freshman All-American, not much competition at ILB I don’t think besides the two at Bama.

Man we are gonna miss him when he leaves. Understands the defense, a great leader, and a sure tackler. Seems pretty rare for our team lately. I think Henry T will do a good job replacing him eventually though

VN Store

Back