Mullen: We need to get healthy (UF injuries)

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Mullen very blunt: "We need to get healthy"

with cornerback CJ Henderson missing the game with an ankle injury and electric receiver Kadarius Toney out at least a few weeks with a shoulder injury.

starting quarterback Feleipe Franks to a dislocated ankle (out for season)
Defensive end Jabari Zuniga appeared to suffer a foot or ankle injury in the first series against Kentucky. Zuniga returned briefly at the beginning of the second half before exiting again. Florida's pass rush was noticeably less effective with Zuniga out.
Add in an injury to linebacker Amari Burney, who Mullen thought he'd have back for the Kentucky game, and Florida once again struggled in pass coverage when the tight ends were isolated. Oh yeah, and rush end Jonathan Greenard was also sporting a protective boot on his right foot following the game. He said he tweaked his ankle and expects to be fine, but it's another knock to a key player to keep an eye on.

Key guys on UF’s side for everyone to watch this week in terms of status: Jabari Zuniga, Amari Burney, CJ Henderson.

Feleipe Franks and Kadarius Toney will definitely be out.
I'd rather see Zuniga play and Burney sitting out TBH.

FL looked better with Franks out rather than him being in. However, after watching the game again, I truly believe that KY loss was on the coaches. That last series they didn't even try to make a first down and their kicker looked like he was about to throw up. That said, FL, without all their stars, is still a much better team than us and for that matter, so is KY. We need to improve quickly to have four wins this year.

Hey. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for that bunch of gayduhs, but there's no sympathy coming from this old Vol. History reveals that those jortists traditionally feel smug about playing UT, no matter where they play us. They're hoping to get another heistman performance out of yet another whats-his-name second-team qb and, if they have to, receive some sort of miracle to pull this one out as time runs out...even if we,d appeared all day to have 'em beat. Murphy's law infers this could come about. However, the more scientific derived laws of average clearly state that after a period of anomalies have occurred, then normal odds practically always return. If at this point there's at least a 50/50 chance we can land a W next Saturday, I'll figure at least something in this world makes sense, and the team that wants it most will come out on top. Who's the most motivated? Me? I think it's UT.

Last edited:
Don't like our chances against UF. We'll likely get whipped on both the OL and DL. We will probably have trouble stoping the run (UTC had over 150 yds rushing, so UF should probably pile up over 200) and have issues running the ball (UK, with one of the best OL in the SEC, was held to 3.4 ypc). We didn't run well between the tackles against UTC, so we likely will have trouble doing so against UF. We ran off tackle effectively, but with the speed of UF's LB's and DB's, that's not going to be easy. JG will need to have a big game to give us a chance.

Injuries and kids leaving hitting Florida hard. Finishing second will be disappointing.

VN Store

Back