If there’s a year we can beat Florida in Gainesville, it’s this year

RockyTop140

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
ms-6y47Tr.gif

Also, we played better on the road last year than we did at home (except for Vandy). The team seems to play looser.

Reactions: GlennTenn
Theoretically speaking, yes, but last year we had a much higher chance and look what happened. Mullen is ahead of Pruitt at this time. I'm afraid it will continue to be so until Pruitt can completely flip this roster. The team becomes an older more experienced team, and we possess an sec caliber qb. This also hinges on if Pruitt becomes hc material and can continue bringing in elite recruits. Until then, I'm not holding my breath.

Win or lose, this game is in the hands of JG. Our receiving corps can easily handle their young defensive backs. But can JG consistently put the ball on our receivers? IMO if JG is on target, we win this one.

I agree if the OL holds up. I feel like there will be open receivers to throw to but I don't have confidence that JG will see them. I really, really hope I am wrong. He just needs to relax and play loose.

It is one of the best years to do so but our mental block with UF will have to take a backseat.

It's going to come down to the OL protecting JG and JG being aggressive with the ball.

Win or lose, this game is in the hands of JG. Our receiving corps can easily handle their young defensive backs. But can JG consistently put the ball on our receivers? IMO if JG is on target, we win this one.
I agree. For UT to have any chance in this game, JG is going to have to play well. Unfortunately, it still probably won't be enough. Trask looked pretty solid against KY.

Reactions: 08Vol and maxorange
giphy.gif

Reactions: McDad and Remy
So we are a 14 point underdog and this is our best chance in years???? Obviously you and I havent seen the same DLine and OLine playing for the Vols this year
O line looks better than last year, and the d line I agree is still pretty weak, but they have gotten some good pressure at times. Although Florida sure aint BYU or Chattanooga, I think we can still get some pressure on trask and cause a few mistakes

It is one of the best years to do so but our mental block with UF will have to take a backseat.

It's going to come down to the OL protecting JG and JG being aggressive with the ball.
Mental block aside, I just think Trask does better against our defense than JG does against theirs. Much better actually. JMHO

Reactions: I40flyer

VN Store

Back