LBs

PMC2726

Believe
We have very good LBs. Cut them loose.

Harass the QB and O-line. Win the game. (My all time favorite defensive play)

#74, meet Al Wilson

bNVQ4D.gif

Last edited:
I dont remember having good LB's who could harass QB's consistently since the 90's..

If I'm not mistaken Big Al, was one of a few backers we had that came in to the program as a running back, or played the position in highschool. I'm not saying that Banks could be the next Al Wilson, but if he buys into playing the position, I think he could be a good one. The little I know about running a 34 v a 43, there's a bit more complexity involved as far as the backer position. It would be a bit harder to just "turn them loose". I'm excited about the potential of Henry and Quavaris.

If I'm not mistaken Big Al, was one of a few backers we had that came in to the program as a running back, or played the position in highschool. I'm not saying that Banks could be the next Al Wilson, but if he buys into playing the position, I think he could be a good one. The little I know about running a 34 v a 43, there's a bit more complexity involved as far as the backer position. It would be a bit harder to just "turn them loose". I'm excited about the potential of Henry and Quavaris.

Does anyone else find it strange that a player, who has been given the privilege of playing time, has to "buy into" anything at all?

Does anyone else find it strange that a player, who has been given the privilege of playing time, has to "buy into" anything at all?
Someone casually wording it that way does not mean this is a real issue. Seems like he is taking to the position well enough to snag two Ints in his most recent game.

As far as our future outlook goes, no position group gives me more hope than our LBs. I think To'oto'o is a fantastic piece for a young core to build around. His overall knowledge and instinct that he has shown flashes of can help guys like Crouch, Harrison, Banks, etc. grow and gel into a very formidable group in the coming years.

I would like to believe that he earned those reps. He was recruited to play running back. No one outside the program knows if he willingly made the move. He may still want to play running back, maybe the staff told him a position change would be the only way he would see the field. If that's the case, he may not be 100% sold on the idea.

Someone casually wording it that way does not mean this is a real issue. Seems like he is taking to the position well enough to snag two Ints in his most recent game.
Agreed. I have no way of knowing if it's an issue or not. I do think with his skill set, and attitude on the field ?! He could become a very good linebacker.

We have some young talented LBs with very good potential who could develop into excellent SEC LBs. But we don’t currently have great linebackers on the roster.

Reactions: vols 30
Our LB's particularly To'oto'o & Banks are gonna go off on the gators....

Hum ...that’s what I’m afraid of. We almost never make a tackle behind the line and doing it against Florida will be a monumental task for a team that was steamrolled by Ga.

FYI-To'oto'o ran the ball at De La Salle as well

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Our D line has not been doing our LBs any favors with their sub-par play. If the D line can get a better push up front collapsing the pocket, then our LBs will have more success.

VN Store

Back