*****Freak's Friday Night before the Florida game, admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I remember when this was the biggest week of the Vols' football season. The Eastern division was on the line and the winner had the inside track to the SEC Championship game. Now, it's still a big game, but for different reasons as the Vols are fighting to stay somewhat relevant and prove that they can compete with the likes of division foes such as the Gators. If I were a betting man, I'd take Florida, but that's why they play the games and I'm hoping for something extraordinary to happen. We've had chances to win this game in recent history, with less talent. Let's hope this team surprises us all.

I'm not a big fan of noon games, but the positive in this case is the weather is only supposed to be in the mid-80s at kickoff.

That said, who's going to the game tomorrow? Tailgating plans?

For those not going to the game, any big plans to watch? What's the food and beverage menu looking like?

Any college games you're planning to watch? I'll probably catch Georgia and Notre Dame, although, I don't expect it to be all that close.

Lastly, anyone attending any good high school games tonight? Any Vol commits in action?

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Go Vols!

You just can’t help but feel like there is a chance. There’s always a chance. And who wants to be the guy who missed one the biggest upsets in years? It will happen at some point. And when people look back at the dark years and ask about that one game, do you want to remember having to watch the dvr, or seeing it live.

Preparing for an open house (selling my house), my son has 2 state league soccer games and hopefully some golf.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
You just can’t help but feel like there is a chance. There’s always a chance. And who wants to be the guy who missed one the biggest upsets in years? It will happen at some point. And when people look back at the dark years and ask about that one game, do you want to remember having to watch the dvr, or seeing it live.
That's what keeps us watching: there's always a chance. And when your program is struggling, those big wins always feel amazing. Here's to hoping tomorrow is one of those days.

At least we have some film to watch on their backup QB. JP will be able to coach up our defense like he did against Auburn last year.

The swamp has tamed over the years, so start fast and end strong.

Time to go Swamp Stomping!

I like our chances. The gators are primed for an upset and we are primed to tag them with a loss.

The real season starts tomorrow. These 1st three games were warm ups for league play.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
That's what keeps us watching: there's always a chance. And when your program is struggling, those big wins always feel amazing. Here's to hoping tomorrow is one of those days.
Hopefully the hoping is just on us fans and the players are confident and expecting to win. I know that’s been one of our biggest issues as a program, dare I say, since Lane left. The cupboard wasn’t bare thanks to Fulmer, but he at the very least, had us all believing we could and would win. That article on espn about lane was great I thought.

I remember when this was the biggest week of the Vols' football season. The Eastern division was on the line and the winner had the inside track to the SEC Championship game. Now, it's still a big game, but for different reasons as the Vols are fighting to stay somewhat relevant and prove that they can compete with the likes of division foes such as the Gators. If I were a betting man, I'd take Florida, but that's why they play the games and I'm hoping for something extraordinary to happen. We've had chances to win this game in recent history, with less talent. Let's hope this team surprises us all.

I'm not a big fan of noon games, but the positive in this case is the weather is only supposed to be in the mid-80s at kickoff.

That said, who's going to the game tomorrow? Tailgating plans?

For those not going to the game, any big plans to watch? What's the food and beverage menu looking like?

Any college games you're planning to watch? I'll probably catch Georgia and Notre Dame, although, I don't expect it to be all that close.

Lastly, anyone attending any good high school games tonight? Any Vol commits in action?

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Go Vols!
If we win tomorrow you're going to have to start this thread every week.

Hoping as much as possible, however past events have had my heart ripped out of my chest by way of sphincter, so cautiously optimistic here.

Reactions: SaipanVol
I never thought I would see the day that I didn’t get that feeling for this game, unfortunately Petermans worst an performance of all time in 2013,10-9 in 14, the miracle touchdown passes for Florida in 15 AND 17, and last seasons turnoverfest has taken my positivity away. We were the better team in the majority of those years but we somehow find a way to lose every time and I can’t fool myself any longer.

It ain't a noon game where I am because I'm in the Central time zone.
Yet another reason I was ecstatic when Indiana voted to go to daylight savings and the Eastern time zone (at least where I'm at).

I'm going to catch a local high school game this evening (friend at work has a son playing QB that is pretty decent), then fire up the smoker when I get home from that as I have a pork shoulder in the fridge and let it do it's thing overnight.

Up tomorrow and get the farm chores done and then it's football time - WHIP THAT GATOR TAIL !!!

Ok ya'll leaving Nadi, Fiji tonight 9/21 at 10:15 PM and will arrive in SFO 9/21 at 1:45PM PT. It's the Pacific pond thing arriving USA before leaving Fiji. The game will likely be over while I'm in the air. So my plan is to read VN for what's going on via wifi. Head says UF does what they usually do against us, heart says they screw up and we put a solid game together and win. Anyway keep game info descriptive so I can follow it please. I'm an official gator hater!!! GBO!!!

Was going to high school game but son wanted to play tennis so doing that and having a baseball tryout to fill final couple of spots for next spring then football on TV the rest of Saturday for the first time in three weeks. GBO

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
you walk through that door it’s not I anymore.
It’s not we anymore
It’s us

Us vs them
It’s Ol vs DL
It’s who’s gonna give their all
Who’s gonna fight
Who’s got each other’s back
Who’s gonna circle the wagons when the body blows start
Who’s gonna show toughness
Who’s gonna take control
Who’s gonna force impose their will
Who’s gonna dig deeper when they think they don’t have any left