Winston Churchill quote

PowerT4me

Seems appropriate for today. Especially today. Go Vols!!!

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Very appropriate my Vol brother.
Tennessee by 2

I'll drink to that!
drink emoji.jpg

"Wiston Churchill quote"

is that this guys wacky cousin...?

square

Reactions: PowerT4me
I like this Churchill quote even better: "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing-grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!”
Good thing Churchill is not around to see what his beloved Britain has become. Now instead of fighting they invaders, the British government lets them walk right in without even getting a Visa. Then the police will arrest YOU for "hate speech" if you dare complain about it. Also the country that has moved far beyond gun control to "knife control" (I am NOT making this up).

The once bastion of democracy and civilization is now a sad mockery of the country that Churchill gave his all to save.

Reactions: vols40 and Tarkus

That was an easy stance to take with that big ole English Channel between him and the Huns. I doubt he would have even had the time to write that otherwise.

And then The U S came to their rescue and saved their butts as well as all of Europe . Jimmy Valvano said "Never give up, Never give up, don't ever give up". His team won the NCAA Basketball Tournament. It worked 70 years ago. It is attitude and we are beginning to get the attitude. I can hardly wait to get the talent to go along with the attitude.

That was an easy stance to take with that big ole English Channel between him and the Huns. I doubt he would have even had the time to write that otherwise.
The "big ole" English channel is only about 12 miles wide at the Pas de Calais. If it weren't for the brave men of the RAF in the Battle of Britain, fat Herman's Luftwaffe would have destoyed the Royal Navy and Hilter could have waltzed right across for tea and scones in Buckingham palace in no time

Reactions: vols40 and Tarkus

Cue “Aces High.”

Reactions: GableVol
I am so glad we are not forfeiting the game. Also thankful that Lovie and his crew did not give up but kept at it. Yes, Wisconsin is no Bama, but at this point in the season, they were ranked 6th. Pretty good team I would imagine. Yet, Illinois came out victorious.

Good thing Churchill is not around to see what his beloved Britain has become. Now instead of fighting they invaders, the British government lets them walk right in without even getting a Visa. Then the police will arrest YOU for "hate speech" if you dare complain about it. Also the country that has moved far beyond gun control to "knife control" (I am NOT making this up).

The once bastion of democracy and civilization is now a sad mockery of the country that Churchill gave his all to save.
LOL That you Nigel Fromage?

Luckily for Churchill there was Roosevelt and Eisenhower to give him that type of confidence. England would being speaking German if it wasn’t for the US. Tennessee Vols don’t have a Roosevelt or Eisenhower tonight.

Reactions: FrankenVol54
I like this Churchill quote even better: "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing-grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!”
That is unless the Americans decide not to help, then it's head for the Scottish Highlands!

Reactions: Shakinthefat

Couldn't agree more. This is the exact quote I had in mind when I got challenged to a fight in the 6th grade by an 8th grader because he thought I had been flirting with his girlfriend (also a 6th grader). He didn't realize that she and I were only discussing what kind of cake we wanted to get for our grandmother, as we were 1st cousins. Either way, I had to put up or shut up. And I thought to the great Churchill in regards to the situation I found myself in.

He ultimately beat the crap out of me in a matter of seconds, but afterwards we became friends after he realized me and his girlfriend were family, and he spent the next 3-4 years trying to be as nice and cool to me as possible.

That is unless the Americans decide not to help, then it's head for the Scottish Highlands!
Don't forget though, from the time Churchill gave that speech in May or June of 1940, the US still wouldn't enter the war as a combatant for about 18 months. Granted, we supplied them through lend lease, but the British Empire was alone in the Western Theater until Pearl Harbor.

Churchill earns any award for biggest "spheres" of the 20th Century IMHO.

VN Store

Back