Video: 1-on-1 interview with Barnes

I also really like what I hear about Lamonte. The guy has grown a lot, but I never really knew what kind of person he was. From what Rick says, he leads by example and wants someone around to tell him the truth about what he can do better. Called him a gym rat and that some of the younger guys maybe haven't played with someone as passionate as he is. He seems more outspoken this year and I think it'll be interesting to see him take that leadership role. Also said that Davonte was a surprise at how well he works.

Last edited:
The more I hear from Rick the more I think he believes we are going to be a good deal better than people think. I like what I hear about the chemistry of the team and how the youngsters are working hard to fit into the culture as well as the team. Going to ba good season I think.

I also really like what I hear about Lamonte. The guy has grown a lot, but I never really knew what kind of person he was. From what Rick says, he leads by example and wants someone around to tell him the truth about what he can do better. Called him a gym rat and that some of the younger guys maybe haven't played with someone as passionate as he is. He seems more outspoken this year and I think it'll be interesting to see him take that leadership role. Also said that Davonte was a surprise at how well he works.

Lamonte and Jordy are awesome representatives and leaders for the university. So were Grant and Admiral and Bone too. It’s dope.

We like to criticize media all the time, so let’s give a shout out to Brent Hubbs for an absolute fantastic interview (and Rick’s candor). I learned so much about how a college basketball program works in 17 minutes. I wish it was an hour.

VN Store

Back