PSA: Please do not boo if in attendance Saturday.

TheMookieMonster

I figured this could use a thread rather than getting lost in the shuffle of so many different conversations. I know many of you all are disappointed in the performance of Jarret Guarantano this season, myself included, but there are rumblings of fans boo'ing JG should he step on the field as our QB this weekend. I implore those in attendance to not do so no matter how angry at the decision. At the end of the day, Pruitt is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If Maurer is concussed and cannot play, Pruitt has two choices. He can either start Shrout or JG. That's it. There is no better option. And if Pruitt thinks JG is the better choice to give us a fighting chance, so be it. Boo'ing has never, and will never, accomplish anything. It doesn't make the team play better and it doesn't change the decision the coaching staff made. It just sends the complete wrong message to recruits in attendance. Don't be part of the problem. Don't be trashy. That's the nicest way I can put it. Support the team, or don't go. Go Vols.

Truth. JG sucks as a QB but he's taken more physical and mental abuse than any fan for this team and program. Booing him at home is as trashy as it gets.
Sad as it is, we will have a contingent of trashy "fans" inside Neyland on Saturday. I hope this is wrong and I get it rubbed in my face Saturday night.

Venmo me the cost of my ticket and then you can tell me if I'm allowed to boo, by all means.
Nobody is telling you can do anything. But short sighted idiots could cost us long term with recruits and current players. So go ahead and boo if that helps you get your jollies, but I am sure you will be the first to btich and moan when we lose because we don't get the best players.

This website and its members are only a small portion of the fan base. If you really want to get the message out, put it on a billboard or paint the rock.

Reactions: Vol777
Venmo me the cost of my ticket and then you can tell me if I'm allowed to boo, by all means.

Just how heavily does that chip weigh upon your shoulder?

The OP made no attempt to disallow you're booing. The OP made an appeal that fans of the Vols refrain from booing JG. It's a request with rationale, not a command.

I figured this could use a thread rather than getting lost in the shuffle of so many different conversations. I know many of you all are disappointed in the performance of Jarret Guarantano this season, myself included, but there are rumblings of fans boo'ing JG should he step on the field as our QB this weekend. I implore those in attendance to not do so no matter how angry at the decision. At the end of the day, Pruitt is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If Maurer is concussed and cannot play, Pruitt has two choices. He can either start Shrout or JG. That's it. There is no better option. And if Pruitt thinks JG is the better choice to give us a fighting chance, so be it. Boo'ing has never, and will never, accomplish anything. It doesn't make the team play better and it doesn't change the decision the coaching staff made. It just sends the complete wrong message to recruits in attendance. Don't be part of the problem. Don't be trashy. That's the nicest way I can put it. Support the team, or don't go. Go Vols.

Very classy

Reactions: Jrobin
I don't disagree, but if the fans boo, they aren't necessarily booing J. G. They are booing the coaches for playing him.

It’s really the fans right to do whatever they want. I personally wouldn’t boo at this point because the team is fighting hard and getting better every week. And Pruitt ultimately did make the move away from jg (why the hell did that take so long idk) but mauer is hurt. So at this point ya...what could booing accomplish?

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
While I think JG deserves all the boos he gets, I agree it’s a bad look. Looks bad to the recruits and gives the announcers one more thing to talk about for the entire game (and the good Lord knows they don’t need any more ammo to use against our program). That being said, maybe don’t tell people to do this or don’t come, lots of folks will take issue with that. Just my little .02

Reading for meaning, the OP:

I implore those in attendance
Implore is neither command nor admonishment. From the dictionary, to implore is to beg someone earnestly or desperately to do something.

Boo'ing has never, and will never, accomplish anything. It doesn't make the team play better and it doesn't change the decision the coaching staff made. It just sends the complete wrong message to recruits in attendance.
This is an expression of opinion, nothing more.

Don't be part of the problem. Don't be trashy. That's the nicest way I can put it. Support the team, or don't go.
This is an appeal. To admonish is to warn or reprimand someone firmly. A warning includes stated or implied consequence. A reprimand is a rebuke, to call another into account for something done. Neither apply, here.

I don't disagree, but if the fans boo, they aren't necessarily booing J. G. They are booing the coaches for playing him.

Agreed but JG and the team won't know the difference. I don't want the kid to get booed but you can bet it's going to happen. Also, the staff is almost doing JG a disservice by playing him at this point. The issues with him are mental and he's not going to overcome it by Saturday, this season, and maybe ever. I hate it but it is what it is.

VN Store

Back