Only four more days until we get a look at our Lady Vol basketball team!

StrangeVol

I am really ready for this! Yes, it's only an exhibition game against Carson-Newman but it's LADY VOL BASKETBALL and Coach Kellie's debut. game time is 7:00 pm and plenty of great seats are available! I'm excited to see what our new Coach is going to put on the floor this season!!! :):):)

I'm really excited about it for the historic significance of the game being the first of the Kellie Jolly Harper Era. Even though it's just an exhibition, fans are paying to come see it, so IMO it counts as her first. I am hoping that it will be the best-attended women's basketball exhibition game in the country this year.

But you never know -- it could be just another typical exhibition turnout. Last year's total was kinda low, I thought, at 3,267. I hope this year's total is at LEAST double that, but triple would be fantastic. I'll be there!

I am really ready for this! Yes, it's only an exhibition game against Carson-Newman but it's LADY VOL BASKETBALL and Coach Kellie's debut. game time is 7:00 pm and plenty of great seats are available! I'm excited to see what our new Coach is going to put on the floor this season!!! :):):)

Please Please stop ! new Coach or not it`s Carson-Newman we play this team every year and we all know what`s gonna happen BLOWOUT CITY ! Let`s wait until we play a team worth talking about. No disrespect we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: olddog and Creekdog
Please Please stop ! new Coach or not it`s Carson-Newman we play this team every year and we all know what`s gonna happen BLOWOUT CITY ! Let`s wait until we play a team worth talking about. No disrespect we can agree to disagree.

Of course it’ll be a blowout. Obviously you’ve missed the point of the original post. I’m so sorry for you that you can’t understand why this occasion is so exciting.

I’m just guessing, but are you 25 years old or under?

Of course it’ll be a blowout. Obviously you’ve missed the point of the original post. I’m so sorry for you that you can’t understand why this occasion is so exciting.

I’m just guessing, but are you 25 years old or under?

Look i like Kellie and the lady Vols team, You will not be able to judge this team by playing a team like Carson-Newman. Yes this is a big night for the team under new leader ship , Note as you said plenty of great seats are available ! Now when we play UConn i will be sitting in the front row.

Reactions: mcannon1

What section are you in?

Thank goodness, finally, been looking forward to this for so long! Can’t wait to see how our team plays together. GO Coach Kellie, and GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Look i like Kellie and the lady Vols team, You will not be able to judge this team by playing a team like Carson-Newman. Yes this is a big night for the team under new leader ship , Note as you said plenty of great seats are available ! Now when we play UConn i will be sitting in the front row.

I don’t think there’s anyone alive who would “judge this team based upon playing a team like Carson-Newman.” LOL! But we CAN enjoy starting the season having the warm-fuzzies over seeing our players and staff enjoying themselves again. That’s what this game is all about for fans like me who are ready to put past sorrows behind us and to have fun watching “our girls” again.

It’s a huge bonus that there are guaranteed to be more than a few misty-eyed folks in the arena when Kellie is introduced for the first time, too. It’s going to be fun to see everyone again.

I don’t think there’s anyone alive who would “judge this team based upon playing a team like Carson-Newman.” LOL! But we CAN enjoy starting the season having the warm-fuzzies over seeing our players and staff enjoying themselves again. That’s what this game is all about for fans like me who are ready to put past sorrows behind us and to have fun watching “our girls” again.

It’s a huge bonus that there are guaranteed to be more than a few misty-eyed folks in the arena when Kellie is introduced for the first time, too. It’s going to be fun to see everyone again.

Correct i will watch the game on the SECN should be fun.

What I'm watching for in this exhibition is how the defense plays. You want to see aggressive take them out of their offense on the ball pressure for 40 minutes. I will only be happy if the defense holds them under fifty. I am sure they have some three point shooters so this is a chance to show how we can defend out there and if they drive have someone to stop the dribble drive. Of course they are not a talented opponent and that is the reason they shouldn't score 50 on our defense.

Reactions: Voltopia

One of my interns in college was the 1996-97 SEC Women's tournament in Chattanooga,,volunteered for the next one 97-98...Got to see Kellie in her Hey-Day!

deja vu

Is the exhibition game going to be on UTsports.com?

What I'm watching for in this exhibition is how the defense plays. You want to see aggressive take them out of their offense on the ball pressure for 40 minutes. I will only be happy if the defense holds them under fifty. I am sure they have some three point shooters so this is a chance to show how we can defend out there and if they drive have someone to stop the dribble drive. Of course they are not a talented opponent and that is the reason they shouldn't score 50 on our defense.

6-6 Key will have a block party and own the glass.

Reactions: Volfan2012
That’s a lot for Connecticut to ask of their fans to pay to see the Huskies play “just another game.” Are tickets $5,000 apiece to see a game they REALLY want to watch? o_O

Gee, no.

It's a cult thing. Or occult thing.

I am so excited for the exhibition game. We’ll finally get a look at our squad under the direction of KJH.

Looming in my mind though is the Notre Dame match-up two weeks later. Coach Kellie has talked about preparing the team for adversity, and, BOY - she will learn a lot about her team that night. I can’t wait to see that game.

VN Store

Back