When’s the cast slated to come off?

BLUTickbusdriver

Next stop, Victory Lane!
Hey fellas,

This might have been answered already, but I was curious if JG will get his cast off before the end of the season? It sure would help our run game, specifically, the hand offs to the RBs. That one slight exchange late in the KY game could of hurt us...it would be nice if we could get him back to 100%. Still, he played great! GBO!

Screws in the hand normally mean broken bones, right?

Seems like broken bones usually need about 6 weeks to knit back up.

He'll only be about 4 weeks into the healing process when we face Mizzou. So there will probably still be SOMETHING on his non-throwing hand.

Maybe they can make it something less bulky, something he can more easily make handoffs with.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver
I would think he's probably in a cast for pretty much the rest of the season. Assuming we go to a bowl game, he will be cast free, in addition to not having to deal with it during any bowl practices. That's assuming we've been told the entire story and there's nothing more to it....

Screws in the hand normally mean broken bones, right?

Seems like broken bones usually need about 6 weeks to knit back up.

He'll only be about 4 weeks into the healing process when we face Mizzou. So there will probably still be SOMETHING on his non-throwing hand.

Maybe they can make it something less bulky, something he can more easily make handoffs with.
I'm no dr but your assessment seems about right to me. I think every break is different. I broke two bones in my right hand playing football and it must hit the right set of nerves. I would have needed extra protection and grip would have been nearly impossible 2 weeks into the healing. I broke another hand bone in baseball and it was not so sensitive but it's the one that bothers me to this day. I'm guessing he can't grip very well right now and needs the protection. He indicated it really hurt after the KY game. I'm thinking the cast is on until our bowl game

The young man is definitely tough. Surgery itself is painful so it’s amazing to see him play, not to mention as a QB.
There's anesthesia nowadays.
That's why there's always an anesthetist in the operating room.

Last edited:
Is he even wearing a cast? The hard brace he wears is for protection. I'm not aware of a hard cast that would allow a glove to fit over it. I don't think he's wearing a hard cast but I also don't know that he isn't.

Reactions: vol94
Is he even wearing a cast? The hard brace he wears is for protection. I'm not aware of a hard cast that would allow a glove to fit over it. I don't think he's wearing a hard cast but I also don't know that he isn't.

Think you are correct. The brace, only my assumption, is for protection.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
When Auburn’s receiver Swartz broke his hand, their engineering department made a 3D printed custom cast/brace for him to wear.

Can someone at UT step up?

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver

VN Store

Back